By punkhaus
I'm having some problems with smoothing on some of my surfaces. I can't get rid of the vertical lines in the surface. I'm modeling in Solidworks and rendering in Maxwell Studio. I've tried a few different import/export methods and I always end up with basically the same result. Is this a Smoothing Angle issue? A material issue? Is it a model issue?

Thanks for any help.

I can't get the image code to work for some reason, so here's the link-

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1346/876 ... 77.jpg?v=0
By mtripoli
Did you bump up all the Document Properties> Image Quality settings? What you're seeing is the OpenGL version of what SW is doing...

Anyway, go into Document Properties > Image Quality. Max out all the settings... HLR/HLV to High... Optimize edge length and Wireframe to High... you should see all the surfaces become very smooth. things might run a bit slow if you don't have enough horsepower...
By tom
You don't need to export objects with massive micro polygons. Select your object in studio and under object properties select smooth and hit Recalc. Now you can render them smooth.
By punkhaus
Thanks Tom. I could have sworn I've tried that a bunch of times already, but I tried again and now it seems to be working. Of course.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]