By martgreg
Do you guys work in studio or within plug in??

Please describe any workflow tips or tricks

Currently I use studio...

What are teh biggest limmitations in the plug in.. texture or decals ..can we do those now ?????

:)
By jjs
I'm afraid I have not yet got out of first gear. I keep stalling as the the system crashes.

I can describe my provious work flow.

Using John Laynes tip, I use SW to assign the maxwell material to the object by assigning the mxm jpg of the mxm texture I want in the SW Assign Textures - this gets the mapping sort of right.

Then I populate my material list and go through each material making sure they have their jpgs etc OK.

I then select the bodies or objects and assign the materials.

Then I render from SW .

This is all a bit hit and miss at the moment as it often just crashes.

Jonathan
By superbad
My workflow:
1. Select Maxwell | Render Scene
2. Open the MXS in Studio and do all my work there.

Until Solidworks improves its native texturing, it's pretty useless to me. And the plugin was very unstable for me until this last release, so I never tried getting some of the materials assigned in Solidworks before exporting the scene.
By w i l l
I do the same as superbad, but then often when i open the mxs in studio i find that it hasn't actually assigned materials to certain faces, so i have to do things like convert the faces to solid bodies as it seems to have no problem with selecting bodies.
By Eric Lagman
superbad wrote:My workflow:
1. Select Maxwell | Render Scene
2. Open the MXS in Studio and do all my work there.

Until Solidworks improves its native texturing, it's pretty useless to me. And the plugin was very unstable for me until this last release, so I never tried getting some of the materials assigned in Solidworks before exporting the scene.
Same here. Its almost impossible to do a photreal renering without textures. Unless you are rendering something made of only porcelain from far away :lol:
By punkhaus
Those of you that go from Solidworks to Studio, what is your process for exporting/importing? What file types do you use?
By superbad
punkhaus wrote:Those of you that go from Solidworks to Studio, what is your process for exporting/importing? What file types do you use?
I still use the plugin, I just don't assign any materials. It creates an MXS that can be imported into a scene (or used as the scene if it contains all geometry). That way you can reimport the model and keep the material assignments if you make any changes, but that function still only sort of works.
Does anyone know how i can take my solidworks parts into 3dstudiomax to texture them with uv maps, before taking from 3d studio into maxwell.

what format can i use? Is this a common workflow for other people frustrated with solidworks texturing controls?

thanks
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]