Hi all,

An update of the SolidWorks plugin is already available in the download area for both 32 and 64 bits. You can uninstall the previous version and install it or if you already have a previous version installed you can download the manual installation package and just overwrite the files Maxwell2007.dll and swmaterials.dll.

[64 bits installer will try to install the plugin in "Program Files (x86) by default]

Changes list:

- Fixed potential crash loading assemblies.
- Fixed issue when saving an mxs file with the "save as" option which launched mxcl.
- Fixed "save as" option when the extension is in lower case.
nicole said:
- Fixed triangle groups exportation. Now SolidWorks faces are exported as triangle groups only if the material applied to the face is different to the material applied to the body. It is very useful to select SolidWorks faces within Studio.
- Added render setting to choose whether SolidWorks exports spot lights or not.
- Fixed some situations when some render parameters could be read as corrupted data.

Regards,

Juan
By Eric Lagman
Thanks Juan. I cant wait to try out the trinagle selection group. That is huge!! Maybe I will have some free time this weekend.
By jjs
Thanks Juan - now I'll meet my deadline :)

Jonathan
By superbad
I just installed the updated plugin and successfully opened and closed a few assemblies without crashes. Thanks for all your work on this.
By w i l l
I get an error saying:

'Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (x86)Next Limit\Maxwell\plugins\Solidworks\swmaterials.dll failed to register'
By purCAB
I just installed the 1.5.1 SW plugin and can report the following:
1) Triangle Groups are now handled automatically. It is no logner necessary to apply the materials manually
2) When <Exporting SW spotlights> is selected, two objects per light are exported. One is the emitter, (SW#<num>), the other is an object (Screen SW#<num>) which receives the default material. I have yet to determine what the Screen object is supposed to do and I am currently just deleting them. The SW# emitters work with Multilight and are completely controllable.
3) Installation of the plugin does not respect MAXWELL_ROOT. By default, the plugin trys to install into C:Program Files; I believe that the default should really be to MAXWELL_ROOT
4) I still have a striping problem (not related to SL) unless I utilize the <Adjust to object> button before begining the render to adjust the UV texture scale

Thanks for the quick update to the plugin.

Saludos,

Ken
By juan
Hello purCAB,
purCAB wrote: 2) When <Exporting SW spotlights> is selected, two objects per light are exported. One is the emitter, (SW#<num>), the other is an object (Screen SW#<num>) which receives the default material. I have yet to determine what the Screen object is supposed to do and I am currently just deleting them.
Thanks a lot for the comments. This is an screen object to adjust the direction of the light, as in spots. If you remove it you get an omni light that emits in all directions. In future updates we will add an option to choose the behavior.

Regards,

Juan
By JesperW
The Plugin no longer causes crashes when opening assemblies.

I saw one glitch: When opening "Render Settings" the Command Line input field was completely full of garbage characters:

@PñºÐkË@ÔkË@”ò´%škË@«,…˜~kË@%±§äbkË@‹±jGkË@û¶!+kË@
ö$kË@ê¡ÐèòjË@í>„

(Maybe left over from earlier installation, but still it should be cleared...)

/j
By purCAB
I also had same problem with command line being garbled as JesperW, but neglicted to mention this in prior post.

Ken
By John Layne
JesperW wrote:The Plugin no longer causes crashes when opening assemblies.

I saw one glitch: When opening "Render Settings" the Command Line input field was completely full of garbage characters:

@PñºÐkË@ÔkË@”ò´%škË@«,…˜~kË@%±§äbkË@‹±jGkË@û¶!+kË@
ö$kË@ê¡ÐèòjË@í>„

(Maybe left over from earlier installation, but still it should be cleared...)

/j
Ditto
By b-kandor
I've been finding that leaving the plugin enabled results in 'apparent' instability in win64 (with sw64). I crashed about 4 times within an hour which is not normal. Disabled the plugin and didn't crash again today. There does not seem to be a way to trace this however.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]