By Mike Scola
I'm on SW2007 SP3.1
Windows xp media center edition
version 2002
Service pack 2
32bit
By juan
jjs wrote:w64?
I'm using w32 if that helps. Nor sure howmany people are using SW's w64 solution.
Yes sorry for the confusion. I meant that we are working in both this loading assemblies issue and in the w64 issue that some users have reported in other thread. We could not reproduce any of them here yet.

Is anybody getting this crash when loading assemblies using service packs older than 3.1?

The plugin has been done and tested using SP3.0. We are looking into that it can be due to some compatibility issues with sp3.1.

Regards,

Juan
By b-kandor
jjs wrote:w64?

I'm using w32 if that helps. Nor sure howmany people are using SW's w64 solution.

Jonathan
In my experience I don't know many who aren't using the 64 bit version. It's great to basically never run out of ram. I only have the 32 bit version installed for maxwell - at least until the 64bit plugin starts working! :)
By jjs
really :shock: - shows what I luddite I am.

Don't you need a 64bit system? or am I showing my complete ignorance.

Jonathan
By b-kandor
Just about every computer sold in the last couple of years has been fully 64 bit. Like all the amd x2 processors, conroes, quadros etc. Basically you just need a 64bit os which for most people means winxp64.

With a system setup like this you can open huge assemblies without running into the memory barrier (on 32 bit systems once sw.exe reaches about 1.6gb it will die).

I can open assemblies with several thousand parts and see sw using over 3 gb's of ram.

If you work on smaller models etc. you may never need it, but then again, there is no reason not to either!
By jjs
Juan - any luck with tracking down the problem?

I need to do some renderings towards the end of the week. Should I prepare to unistall 1.5 or hang on for a few days?

Jonathan
By juan
jjs wrote:Juan - any luck with tracking down the problem?

I need to do some renderings towards the end of the week. Should I prepare to unistall 1.5 or hang on for a few days?
We are distributing builds to some customers to check what's happening with sp3.1, everything is working fine in all the systems here but it seems that in other machines there are still some issues. (by the way, Jonathan, you are one of these customers :), did you get my mail? )

Juan
By jjs
Sorry juan - away from my desk.

Tried both your replacement zip files - the second version now gets to the end of the progress bar when loading an assembly , but then crashs with no error message.

Jonathan
By jjs
Tried it again and a gain - sometimes it gives the RUN Time error - sometimes it doesn't.

Jonathan
By superbad
Just wanted to add a "me too" here. I learned with 1.1 to always keep the Maxwell plugin unloaded, and to save all my stuff before loading it. I tried keeping it loaded today, and of course it crashes hard every time when opening an assembly, just like it did with 1.1. Sigh.

Since none of these bugs seem to happen on your testing machines, maybe I can just send you my PC, and you can load XP on it? Because you obviously have the magic touch.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]