By Eric Lagman
It seems the material exporting with the mxs created with the plugin is worse than ever. Sometimes I can put a material on a component, body, or face, and it doesnt translate to the exported mxs. I dont know what is causing it either. It seems to have the most trouble with bodies and putting different materials on different faces. Is anyone else using this plugin? Its so quiet in here. I do all of my work now in studio, but lately with 1.1 I cant even get my models exported with the proper materials.

Edit:The plugin will even say that the material is on the object, when you click the buttons beside apply maxwell aspect. Also apply maxwell aspect does not take the color of the material even with apply maxwell aspect checked off. Sometimes it will sometimes it wont. Its like it possessed by demons.

Edit2: Ok I think part of the problem was I was still using the 1.0 plugin with 1.1 Duh :? I will see if that fixes the problems.
Last edited by Eric Lagman on Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DELETED
DELETED
By Eric Lagman
I agree betty. What do you do when you have a part or body with different materials or decals on faces. Do select by using triangles in Studio?
By DELETED
DELETED
By Eric Lagman
8etty wrote:well we model evrything like in the real world..so faces dont exist..if there's a sticker on a harddisk with instructions..well we model the sticker and map it in studio :oops:

honestly it takes less time :)
So do we. We are asked to do renderings of concpets though before we get the final parts engineered. If part of your model has a different texture in the mold on certain faces though what do you do. You dont model the rough textures do you. :shock: Like on the clear housing parts in this image http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... hp?t=17189
By DELETED
DELETED
By juan
Hello,

We cant reproduce your issues applying materials. If you have an scene that reproduces this behaviour please send it to maxwelltech@nextlimit.com and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Juan
By DELETED
DELETED
By Eric Lagman
8etty wrote:if i send you a scene will you render it for me ? :D
Betty I can never tell if your serious or making a joke. If your serious, I am too busy at the moment. Sorry. If you are joking then if the file comes with a working credit card number attached then yes I will do it.

Im suprised that bump is not working for what you describe. There was someone who did a nice camera rendering in the forum a while back that had this on it I believe.
By DELETED
DELETED
By Pierre Caron
Hi,
I'm using SW plug-in, applying materials within SW and I never had any issue with exported objects and materials.
BUT....I created several cameras in SW, exported, in studio all the cameras are there but only the one active in SW when I exported the scene is working. other cameras are showing up but if I want to activate/use it in studio it crashes. Bug !?
Pierre
By Eric Lagman
It seems that the problems occur when applying materials to bodies and faces of parts in assemblies. Should I be putting the maxwell materials on in the individual part files and not in the assemblies?
By Pierre Caron
I see...never tried to apply materials to bodies or faces...to parts only...
You can try on part files...but I can't tell you why but I'm pretty sure it won't help.
Good luck and please stop crying ! (your avatar :wink: )
By Eric Lagman
Pierre Caron wrote:Good luck and please stop crying ! (your avatar :wink: )
Its tears of joy :lol:
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]