By jjs
Here are few suggestions Juan. Perhaps others can add to it and express a ranking so Juan can prioritise his time.

SW Tutorial

- I have managed to apply a texture and bump map to a part - but how to rotate or scale - if this is possible without access to Studio where there is the projector parameters that can be used.

The rest of SW plugin I have understood I think :wink: - love the HDRI/MXI for the lighting - will save hours :D

Studio Tutorials
- Textures again + How to rotate a texture when it is on a flat projection?
- How to create an mxi file from a scene and then take this to another machine and restart the render.

_is it possible to open the mxcl window on its own? All I can do is get the little command line window open - I would like to open the one where we can view mxi files. Is there a quick and easy mxi/hdri viewer available to help in selecting the files for use in the 'sky options' - at present I have to rely on file names.

Anyway time for bed

TTFN

Jonathan
By juan
Hello Jonathan, sorry for the delay:
jjs wrote: - I have managed to apply a texture and bump map to a part - but how to rotate or scale - if this is possible without access to Studio where there is the projector parameters that can be used.
Unfortunately the only way to rotate a texture is doing it with SW tools or inside Studio. We hope in the next versions of SW the texturing tools are improved, meanwhile we will continue looking for ways to do it as easy as posible. By the way we are improving the texture tools of Studio for 1.1 version.
jjs wrote: Studio Tutorials
- Textures again + How to rotate a texture when it is on a flat projection?
- How to create an mxi file from a scene and then take this to another machine and restart the render.
We are preparing more tutorials of Studio and an update of the manual. anyway, have you got issues porting a mxi file to other machine? I am not sure about which is exactly your problem.
jjs wrote: _is it possible to open the mxcl window on its own? All I can do is get the little command line window open
you should open a command line window ( start->all programs->accesories->command prompt ) and type:

mxcl -d

Please feel free to post here your opinion about the areas of the plugin where you think that tutorials are more needed, we will do the best to make it as easy as possible to you.

Regards,

Juan
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]