By rober
Hi guys,

I try to do the tutorial of the Next Limit web (jdhill?) but when I am where I change the x and z axes I don't see a change in the top of the stool in the texture and I don`t understand why I have to change this....
Thankyou
rober

By JDHill
The tutorial is not saying you have to change it, it's just showing you how you can change it. If the mapping does not change when you alter the x/y/z axes, then make sure that you have not disabled real scale in the texture. Let me know if that does not help.
By rober
the images in the tutorial are a little darks but seems that the correccion delete a little defect and in my case no. The real scale in the material is
enable :?

this is the render after change x and z axis:
By JDHill
I can't tell what you're doing just by looking at the image - it looks like you've changed something from how it was in the tutorial download. Remember also that each texture in a material can enable/disable real scale, so you may have it disabled in one texture, but not in another. It needs to be enabled in the currently-selected texture in order to see changes made via the x/y/z axis rotation controls in the viewport. When it is, changes should be made in real time, just like they are in the plugin's texture editor.

If you still have an issue, just email me the scene and I'll figure out what the problem is.
By JDHill
Thanks for sending the file. The problem is that you have disabled real scale for all of the textures in the material:

By rober
Hi Hdhill,

Sorry for my little confusions with the icons enable /disable...
Now! For darks images of the tutorial and for my ignorance in the very very thin effects of texture grain wood in a render and in a real world I have render the first situacion of texture in the first image, then in the second the new render after change the x and z axes how said the tutorial, but I think in my ignorance that the best is the render n. 3 where only I change the x axe...?!?
Still I don't analize the other parts of the stool...
Rober

By rober
"....It is worth mentioning here, Real Scale always uses a cubic texture-mapping. The reason for this is that only cubic and planar mapping types have a logical ability to map objects at a globally-constant size. This means that there are shapes which do not lend themselves to this type of usage, and in these cases it is still necessary to map the objects manually. After adjusting the texture-orientations for the other pieces, we have a finished product: ..."

I understand here that I need work the texture in the other parts of the stool ( or no?) but looking at the render n.4 I don't distinguish where ...I like this image :?
By JDHill
I would probably rotate the texture on the footrest spindles since the grain is going the wrong direction on the tops of them.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]