By scotb
Hi

I am running Rhino through Fusion on a Mac, this allows me to work between the Mac and Windows very conveniently. But it is not the fastest way to run Rhino. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can improve the speed of Rhino with the setup that I have? Someone mentioned to me that running Rhino on a separate external hard drive will improve the speed, I am unsure about this, i'm not techy minded (im a designer) so if anyone can help me increase my performance I would be extremely grateful.

Processor 2 x 3.3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 6Gb 800 MHz DDR2 fB-DIMM

Thanks in Advance

Scotb
By JorisMX
Hey Scotb,

I'm by no means knowledgeable with rhino,
I've used it for the first time a few days ago...

However, I have been running rhino 4.0 using parallels on Mac OS 10.5.6.
I'm having similar problems as you are right now suffering from performance issues eventhough my machine should be able to handle it all.

What you can do is setup an extermal HD as you suggested and install xp on it and set it up on your mac via bootcamp from the utilities folder.

This way you will be able to choose which OS to boot from at startup.

I just applied for the mac-beta testing of rhino and downloaded their latest build of rhino for mac. You might want to look into that or simply keep an eye on it ;)

Hope this helps
By kami
if you would run rhino through bootcamp it would be much faster. since it's not virtualising anything i'll be much faster than any virtualisation software as fusion or parallels
the only downside is, that you have to restart your computer every time you want to switch between OS X and windows.
By scotb
Thanks for the fast reply guys. . . i'll give your suggestions a go. . .

Scotb
By lebbeus
i second bootcamp--that's how I run it at home and work
By bjorn.syse
I run Rhino through Parallels desktop 3.0, it works fast pretty much all the time. Sometimes, when handling large documents / Loads of materials or such, I boot windows through Bootcamp to get that extra gig of memory.

I have a macbook pro with 4 GB memory, 2 dedicated for windows.

- björn

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]