By caryjames
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_ ... 9&cl=us,en

Hey guys hopefully this link will work outside Canada.

The Wow pen still looks like a lot more wrist action compared to the "Cordless Trackman Optical" my wrist does not move around at all- only my middle and ring finger on my right hand. I use my index finger for scrolling, my thumb for left clicking and my ring finger on my right hand for right clicking. If the Wow pen thing works stick with it but if not give the Trackman a shot it has eliminated the carpal tunnel issue for me.

Thanks so much to whoever pointed out the spacepilot mice I just HAVE to order one of those. Is anyone using them with Rhino?
By bjorn.syse
Caryjames - perhaps the action needed is different if suffering from carpal tunnel or just plain "mouse arm" rsi in the elbow?

yep! I'm using an old spacemouse (same thing, older model) with Rhino and wouldn't trade it for anything.. well. It's damn good at least.

btw, I do use all the buttons.

- björn
By caryjames
Hey Bjorn- I also have tennis elbow and use a similar product to this below

http://www.essentialaids.com/erol.html# ... Dfirefox-a

Mine is from a supplier in Canada that doesn't list it on their website but this one is pretty similar. They basically take the strain off the elbow by making your tendons flex a little lower down your arm.

Might not be the same thing but if it is these braces might help as you work:)
By caryjames
Sorry- use the link and then scroll down to the "Epi Clasp"
By caryjames
Hey Bjorn- with the older version of the spacepilot how many buttons do you have?

Also, how/what do you have the buttons programmed to do?

I would love to be able to program "Snap on and off" to a button so that I don't have to scroll down to the bottom every time.

I am starting to think of some other things that would be great to be able to program into one button clicks

thanks!
because I had no more usb sockets on my pc I had plugged the mouse into the monitor that has two usb sockets.

I ve swapped my printer to the monitor socket and then the wow mouse and also the bamboo pen to the main pc and bobs your dads brother! Maybe cos the monitors about 2 years old its a slower socket?

So I ve now got everything working to perfection! Though taking a look at my desk ive now got : a haptic arm for claytools.... my old mouse.... my new mouse.... my bamboo pen and my new navigator....two cinemas screens and an absense of money!

Thanks for your patience guys.... I ve learnt to fly today (on the navigator) so its off to bed.
By bjorn.syse
Good job Robin! Glad you liked the navigator, they really kick ass when you get your mind around it.

cheers,

- Björn
By polynurb
robin of nottingham wrote: a haptic arm for claytools....
..sorry for hijacking your thread robin, but i am really curious how you are getting along with that tool! i never heard from anybody using it...
can you also 3d paint with it?

_

concerning your bamboo problem.. i use a a5 wide intuos with dual screens, works fine here. it took me a while to get used to right and middle clicking on the pen, but now i don't even have a mouse attatched anymore! After using the tablet for a year now i really notice how it causes less strain than a mouse.
( ..i know sounds like a commercial :lol: )
I think the bamboo is really too small for two screens, but the selection box should work... there is a forum in the european section of wacom... but you don't find it on the US page..
maybe you find help here:
http://www.wacom-europe.com/index2.asp?lang=en&pid=24
By robin of nottingham
The mouse for me is really good. Now my finger is not in a str8 line all day I can relax a little! Its quite an accurate and shockingly small mouse to use... a sort of wacom pen/mouse cross. For me the buttons are same as a mouse just one above the other which is easy to get used to and I am using almost as well as me old mouse that I ve used for 2 years! Its not like learning a completely different thing like a pen. The wacom pens may be good but at the most busy time of year here for me (what credit crunch!) using the wacom was really slowing me down.

The wow pen has a wire connected though and would be better maybe wireless however I kept losing the wacom pen so on that point at least you dont lose the wow pen!

So lets get it clear on the thread here its not my wrist that hurts its my index finger at the second joint down from the end of me finger.... Maybe this mouse would nt be that good for that tunnel thing I dont know.... All I know its good for me and real cheap as well which is a bonus!

Regarding the 3-d paint.... I d love to have a go at that (whats the software). The wow mouse is actually exactly the same as holding one of those old badger airbrushes from years ago! So maybe it may be okay for that paint purpose...but everyones different aint they. Oh and the wacom site : I ve added to my favourites to check out when things slow down a little here, so thanks for that.

nice one,

r
By polynurb
..i think my post was misleading... i asked about the clay-tools arm!
That is a force feedback modelling device or?
do you use it a lot? and what do you model with it?
By robin of nottingham
yes its a feed back thing and its realllly good but as far as I know I think it will only work with claytools and other 'sensable' (company name) products such as free form. I use it for smoothing rhino models in a kinda looks like its been washed up on the shore kinda thing and also organic model with it for jewellery such as charms like butterflys buddha... panthers and skulls. I ll try and remember how to load a picture on here and post a work in progress to let ya see,

thanks,

r
By robin of nottingham

this was a monkey skull ring ( rough beginnings of) but it never went ahead so hence I can freely post it on here for others to take a look at. The files are huge in clay tools high res can be 250 meg but you can reduce them to like 50meg or so for prototyping. They are difficult to render though as the show there triangles when reduced resolution and rhino cant cope with large files.... hence I use studio more often than not.

Hope its of interest.... basically did the rough ring shape in rhino then modelled the monkey skull from a lump on screen!

nice,

r
By polynurb
Thanks for the insight... the monkey skull looks cool.. and even cooler on a ring 8)

top modelling there!

have you used z-brush/mudbox? is it similar to these in terms of modelling style, or is the force feedback simply incomparable?
By robin of nottingham
never used z brush but its along the same lines but you can really feel the objects through the haptic... quite strange to get used to carving and feeling the clay but its happening on the screen and not where your carving in air.

nice one,

bed time now here,

r
Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]