I need to do a reinstall of my os (currently WinXP 32 bit Home Edition) to clean up some computer issues, and thought it might be a good time to upgrade to WinXP Pro 64. Assuming that Rhino runs fine in WinXP Pro 64, can I run Maxwell via the Rhino plugin so that it will render in 64 bit mode?

I'm staying clear of Vista and it looks like Windows7 is still a ways off.

ps I'm running currently on a AMD64 X2 Athlon computer...no screamer but is still getting the job done.
By JDHill
On a 64bit OS, Rhino 4.0 will still run in 32bit, as will the plugin. If you install the 64bit version of Maxwell Render, then that is what will be started when you kick off a render from within Rhino. The reason why is that the two (Rhino/plugin & Maxwell Render) are completely separate things - when the plugin starts up the rendering in Maxwell, it is no different than if you had double-clicked on the MXS file yourself. I hope this makes things clear.

Cheers...
By Josephus Holt
JD, that's what I thought...wanted to confirm.
By ivox3
Josephus -- I and many others are setup this exact same way. Like JD said --- it works fine.

** You'll just notice that in XP 64 you will have 2 program folders :

32 bit: Programs Files(x86)
64 bit: is just listed as Program Files

_____

On other matters: If you need a 64 bit firewall for XP 64 --- I recommend Lavasoft's. There's not many others -- I 'think' AVG has one too...

FYI
By Josephus Holt
ivox3 wrote:Josephus -- I and many others are setup this exact same way. Like JD said --- it works fine.

** You'll just notice that in XP 64 you will have 2 program folders :

32 bit: Programs Files(x86)
64 bit: is just listed as Program Files

_____

On other matters: If you need a 64 bit firewall for XP 64 --- I recommend Lavasoft's. There's not many others -- I 'think' AVG has one too...

FYI
Thanks...the fyi is appreciated too :D
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]