I have to select objects as blocks in order to get them out of Rhino for rendering however in some cases this is changing my material appearance. I have a linked chain that I have rendered in a scene with a smaller section unblocked and it rendered fine. Now I have a more pieces of chain in a render with the same lighting etc the only difference now is that the chain was blocked and exported as an instance. This time it is a lot darker in appearance. Any thoughts? Thanks!
By JDHill
Have you opened the MXS in Studio to double-check that the correct material is being assigned to the instances?
By caryjames
Hi JD- I did not do that but will investigate further once I am past this deadline. I got around the problem at least for the time being- it is not perfect but it will do. I will definitely need to figure it out for the next round though. I will post any findings I make- thanks for the suggestion.

On another note- did you take down that perfume bottle tutorial? Giacc is looking for a copy and I wouldn't mind taking another look.
Thanks
Cary
By caryjames
Thanks JD! Don't worry about the other tutorials if I find setups that work for jewellery I will send them to you.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]