By cyberjuls
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage

ok as far as i've seen there is a lot of bug but it's just the begining. Nice work by the way. Hope to get my hands on the maxwell graphics user interface asap ;)

a+

just added the next two images. with emitter laterial (30min) and glass (4 hour)
Last edited by cyberjuls on Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Eric Lagman
Looks good. Seems a little bright though. Are you using a skydome and emitter? Would be nice to see some ground shadows fromt the object. Very nice though keep it up. Where did you get that model by the way. Is that included in a tutorial file? If not could you post it. I would like to give it a go.
By cyberjuls
It's a physical sky. the model is included in rhino CD. i just tried it quiclky because i'm overcrowded with work right now.

get rhino logo here > rhinologo
By cyberjuls
can someone explain me how rhino produce mxs? is there a triangulation or does maxwell "reads" nurbs?

thanks oscar ;)
By Frances
cyberjuls wrote:can someone explain me how rhino produce mxs? is there a triangulation or does maxwell "reads" nurbs?

thanks oscar ;)
It uses the Rhino render mesh. Whatever you set it at in the Rhino properties, that's what MW uses.
By cyberjuls
Hey i got a problem when i try to render this from rhino

originaly the model is done under rhino not xsi so i was trying to render it and here what i get when i hit render button:

Diffuse Material detected
Maxwell Error: Not enough triangles
Error: Maxwell error creating the mesh: Mesh-4418

any idea?
By cyberjuls
Yes of course ;) But i've done the 3d under rhino, just exported it then in xsi to test the toon shader adn to see if there was an easy way to bring rhino models in xsi (fbx file format is the way). So now that i have maxwell i'm just trying to get the render directly out from rhino but it seems that there is a bug. So i'm looking for people that have also encounter this kind of problem with rhino plugin. :wink:
By Eric Lagman
Very nice cyberjuls! That glass one is my favorite. It looks insanely real. :lol:

Frances
"It uses the Rhino render mesh. Whatever you set it at in the Rhino properties, that's what MW uses."

Im wondering if you or anyone else knows when the Maxwell standalone comes how the imported geometry/mxs that comes from Rhino will look in the maxwell viewport. Will it be a mesh or will it look like the nice clean rhino nurbs surfaces that can be selected in a similar way that it does in rhino? Oh i hates me some meshes. I have to deal with those all the time in Cinema 4D. It becomes a pain not to mention huge file sizes. This is what scares me about the mxs files. They become so big I am afraid they will be meshes in the standalone version.
By cyberjuls
I made a 3ds or dxf then fbx converter and finally imported it in xsi (youhave to install fbx addon for xsi also).
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]