Is there any reason that someone with SU pro and a Maxwell Render license would want to use the standalone version? Are the two compatible with eachother? I haven't installed the standalone as I'm not sure if it would conflict with the regular plugin.
No, there is no reason one would want to do that. The Standalone plugin is built using a subset of the features contained in the Render Suite plugin, so the Render Suite plugin can do whatever the Standalone plugin can do, and more.

And no, it is not possible to install both concurrently on the same SketchUp installation; to install the Standalone, one would need to delete any existing installation (it is distributed via .zip file and installed via direct copy/paste). If one had already installed the Standalone plugin, and subsequently ran the Render Suite plugin's installer, this would upgrade any existing Standalone files as necessary.
Hi Holger, I guess (I have opinions, but cannot speak for NL's intentions) it is primarily because SketchUp is offered for free by Google; both its zero-cost and its resultant large SketchUp user base seems, at least to me, to call for such a solution. I don't really know much about future plans.
By jo
JDHill wrote:Hi Holger, I guess (I have opinions, but cannot speak for NL's intentions) it is primarily because SketchUp is offered for free by Google; both its zero-cost and its resultant large SketchUp user base seems, at least to me, to call for such a solution. I don't really know much about future plans.
Therefore we could get something similar for Blender! :-D

Ciao, Gio

P.S. FYI, I can't download the release note at the official portal's link:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/pdf/releas ... elease.pdf

P.P.S. Any news about animation?
Thanks, I confirm that the release notes link is broken -- I will tell the web people. The notes should be the same as written here, though. On animation, it is still in my plans (not for the Standalone), but writing the Ruby exporter (and rewriting the C++ one, so they could both share the same export strategy) for this release took lots of time.
JDHill wrote:Hi Holger, I guess (I have opinions, but cannot speak for NL's intentions) it is primarily because SketchUp is offered for free by Google; both its zero-cost and its resultant large SketchUp user base seems, at least to me, to call for such a solution. I don't really know much about future plans.
Makes sense, thanks Jeremy!

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]