By Half Life
I have been asked not to reply to any more questions regarding the Maxwell for SketchUp plugin on SketchUcation (by the SketchUcation management).

It has to do with the politics of the fact that Next Limit does not currently advertise there and other engines who do are getting restless with all the Maxwell topics (and particularly me answering). They see me answering the questions as a form of free advertising for Maxwell (which is not true since I'm not employed by Next Limit) and want to drop their advertising to pursue a similar form of grass-roots campaign. Obviously SketchUcation wants/needs to keep their advertisers happy (and buying) so it was requested I not respond to any more Maxwell questions there -- to which I have agreed without reservation.

As such, I wanted to post this to let you know that I am not ignoring anybody -- and I will be happy to continue helping as much as I can with any questions you may have here on these forums... which in all honesty is the appropriate place for these questions anyway.

If you cannot currently post to these forums please follow the instructions here: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 97&t=32637

Best,
Jason.
By Half Life
It's not so bad, my only real concern is I said I would help people there and I don't want anybody to think I'm going back on what I said... other than that I don't really care since I have always preferred this forum by far for Maxwell topics.

Best,
Jason.
By DiditzZz
Huh what a bunch of whiners. It is like the Google AdWords advertisers asking Google to warn/ban those who are using free organic traffics (people who use SEO) because they seem to not be able to bump up their sales.

In my honest opinion, I'd say that you should be able to continue answering questions regarding Maxwell Render on Sketchucation forum. You are not advertising Maxwell Render blatantly anyway. But it's their forum, their call.

To even think about it is even more absurd, their products get displayed regularly on forum thread ads anyway.

If they want to see their advertisings pay off, they should also bring up their products' trend over in Sketchucation forum so that people can talk about it.

Just my $0.02, sorry.
By Half Life
Certainly all traffic benefits both SketchUcation and all of the advertisers as well -- so any activity, even activity related to a competitors product, is beneficial. However I could see how a small business struggling to "make it" would allow themselves to become overly emotional and react poorly to a competitor getting alot of attention.

I think it is often forgotten that Maxwell was the first UnBiased engine to market... most of the competitors have not been around as long and are still trying to prove themselves within the market. Maxwell is hardly "the new kid on the block", nor does it need to "pay it's dues". It isn't surprising to me that Maxwell is among the top engines even without alot of advertising.

However my understanding is this will be resolved soon -- and I certainly haven't stopped posting there regarding other topics.

Best,
Jason.
By valerostudio
To be honest this really upset me and I responded on their forums how I felt. I was basically told to shut up and the forum I was posting to was locked. I felt like Big Brother was starting to take over what seemed like a totally transparent and open group of people sharing ideas and knowledge. If the sponsors are calling the shots on who can say what, I don't want any part of it. I think a lot of people had a bad taste in their mouths after hearing about all of this and left Sketchucation.
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]