#321857
This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

The command "Make" is not currently available.

That's on PS CS4 for Mac. Any idea?

Also, couldn't the import plug-in automatically set the layer modes to Linear Dodge?
#321858
I can't help solve your issue but I can at least confirm that it's not universal. I installed it on Windows XP 32 bit and it's working fine.

I agree regarding having the light layers come in w/ Linear Dodge (Add) blend mode. Seems odd that they don't automatically come in that way.

Otherwise, awesome plugin! I especially love the Color option which more than just convenience opens up new possibilities for those of us who didn't want to use the extra horsepower with intensity+color checked.

-Brodie
#321902
micheloupatrick wrote:This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

The command "Make" is not currently available.

That's on PS CS4 for Mac. Any idea?
It's strange, I use CS4 for Mac and the action works well. Are you sure that you have a layer selected when you run the action?
micheloupatrick wrote:Also, couldn't the import plug-in automatically set the layer modes to Linear Dodge?
No :( the PS SDK has a bug and it ignores the blending mode you apply. I hope that in CS5 some bugs will be fixed, including this.
#321913
micheloupatrick wrote:This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

The command "Make" is not currently available.
same here, but xp 64. If I change the psd to 16 bits the action run, but, then the layer mode don´t work fine, better with sreen mode. Why?
saludos
luis

PS
sorry for my very bad english :oops:
#321914
micheloupatrick wrote:This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

The command "Make" is not currently available.

That's on PS CS4 for Mac. Any idea?
Only the PS CS4 EXTENDED version allow adjustment layers in 32 bits. If you don't have the extended version, you must change the image mode to 16 or 8 bits per channel (not merging the layers) to run the action.

You can use the exposure tool in 32 bits without an adjustment layer (image->adjustments->exposure).
#321917
devista wrote:
micheloupatrick wrote:This plug-in is truly a great idea, but as soon as I run the the Maxwell action, I get the following error message :

The command "Make" is not currently available.
same here, but xp 64. If I change the psd to 16 bits the action run, but, then the layer mode don´t work fine, better with sreen mode. Why?

"Linear dodge (add)" works properly with the 32 bits because the color is in high dynamic range. In 16 and 8 bits "screen" mode is better, you're right. To obtain full quality is reccomended to work in 32 bit, using image->adjustments->exposure tool.
#321957
Brany wrote:Only the PS CS4 EXTENDED version allow adjustment layers in 32 bits. If you don't have the extended version, you must change the image mode to 16 or 8 bits per channel (not merging the layers) to run the action.
I confirm (I don't have CS4 extended). As soon as I switch to 16 bits, the action is working (but in 16 bits mode layer blending isn't accurate anymore : screen is better but still far from the expected result).
#321966
micheloupatrick wrote:
Brany wrote:Only the PS CS4 EXTENDED version allow adjustment layers in 32 bits. If you don't have the extended version, you must change the image mode to 16 or 8 bits per channel (not merging the layers) to run the action.
I confirm (I don't have CS4 extended). As soon as I switch to 16 bits, the action is working (but in 16 bits mode layer blending isn't accurate anymore : screen is better but still far from the expected result).
ya, from what I learned there's not really anything to do about that unfortunately. It seems that screen is sort of a hack to try and do what Linear Dodge should do but doesn't in 16 bits. I don't understand it well enough to explain it but it sounds like w/o extended there's not much else to do unfortunately. If it's possible to do this sort of thing in PS though, I wonder if the same could be done for Gimp (it's been a long time since I've used Gimp though so I don't even know what it offers for 32 bit images).

-Brodie
Maxwell for Rhino on Max missing Toolbar

Hello, For some reason, the Mac version of Rhino[…]

Let's talk about Maxwell 5.2

Price for sure matter a loot. Speed is the core i[…]

hardware question :)

1) give us a budget limit 2) write down what hard[…]

Materials translucent with V5.1

Well, the problems can be in the chair, the monito[…]