By Delineator
Kind of a weird bug, but here we go:

I'm trying to render out 30 images from 30 MXS files. They are sequentially named, but all with different camera (f1, f2, etc). I can submit the job and it renders fine if I select all the nodes I have available, however, if I only select a few nodes: they will render the first job and then just stop.

Maybe its just me, but this is a persistent and continuous issue.
By JDHill
Not network-specific, but I just noticed something apparently related to this yesterday as well, when writing a script for a Rhino user to batch render several views. I found I had to rename the views to use a common camera name in order for maxwell.exe to render the batch as an animation; reason being, it only pays attention to the "active" camera of the first MXS loaded.

The problem is: I don't know if that's a bug, or the intended operation. Arguments could easily go either way, when you're calling maxwell.exe on the command line with animation flags. For batch, you clearly want to render the active camera of each MXS, but for animation, you might want to be able to render entire animations using different cameras, just by changing the active camera in the first file (or by specifying -camera on the command line).
By Delineator
JDHill wrote:Not network-specific, but I just noticed something apparently related to this yesterday as well, when writing a script for a Rhino user to batch render several views. I found I had to rename the views to use a common camera name in order for maxwell.exe to render the batch as an animation; reason being, it only pays attention to the "active" camera of the first MXS loaded.

The problem is: I don't know if that's a bug, or the intended operation. Arguments could easily go either way, when you're calling maxwell.exe on the command line with animation flags. For batch, you clearly want to render the active camera of each MXS, but for animation, you might want to be able to render entire animations using different cameras, just by changing the active camera in the first file (or by specifying -camera on the command line).
Agreed, I have the same issue. Actually, I experienced this bug/feature when using the script you wrote for me http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 97&t=40577

Indeed, if I try to submit via the network as an "animation" it only uses the active camera in the first MXS. For my use (trying to render out an animation where each frame has a dedicated camera and MXS file), it requires a few extra steps.
By Mihai
Delineator wrote:I can submit the job and it renders fine if I select all the nodes I have available, however, if I only select a few nodes: they will render the first job and then just stop.
Confused now :) I thought the bug was related to the above, that it works ok only if all the nodes are selected.
Sorry, we're talking about 2 separate things: batch and animation renders being submitted to the network.

The batch render bug is straight forward: if I select anything less than ALL nodes, the nodes will not continue onto the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc jobs once they are finished with the 1st.

The animation bug/feature revolves around the issue of multiple scenes with a single camera (works!) and multiple scenes with multiple cameras (does not work). Personally, I have scenes 1-xx which each have cameras 1-xx available to render, BUT have the appropriate camera active in the scene (ie scene15 has camera 15 active, etc). What we are saying is that this prevents us from using the animation submission dialogue because the animation render will render camera 1 across scenes 1-xx and there is no option otherwise.

I hope this didn't confuse the issue more :?:

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]