By Furumaru
Hi

I have found a UV bug in the newest exporter. If i rename my UV maps inside Modo 401 then only one UV map will be properly exported. All other maps report a "invalid U value" if i try to save the exported scene later in Maxwell. This error message aborts the saving process. I have to keep the default "Texture" name inside Modo if i want to save the exportet scenes in Maxwell Studio. Not a big problem but it costs me some nerves to find it out. :oops:

I use the latest releases from Modo, Maxwell and the exporter.

Furumaru
By Marton Day8
Hi Furumaru,

Do you have Mac or Windows (32 or 64 bit)?

I have tried here with Win32 modo, and I still don't understand the problem. Any chance for a sample scene?

Márton
By Furumaru
Hi

Sorry for the late answer but my RAM was broken.

Ok here is a simple scene that demonstrates the problem. I have made 3 balls each as a seperate object with an own UV map.
Now i can export the scene but if i try to render or save it in Maxwell i get an error about wrong UV values. I use Maxwell 2.0.1 x64
an Modo 401 x64 with Windows 7 x64.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-204 ... t.lxo.html

If i rename the UV map back to default "Texture" everything is fine.

Thx
By Marton Day8
Hi,

I guess you use some kind of mxm material. Am I right? Or you get the error for this simple scene without any material? - that would be very strange, because without material texture map UV shouldn't be an issue.

Márton
By Marton Day8
This is very strange. Your scene really does this BUG, although all the exported parameters look good.

But if I recreate your scene (I create a sphere, duplicate it 2 times, rename the uvmaps one by one to 1,2,3) it works fine, without problem.

Custom uv map name (or multiple uv maps) shouldn't be a problem. I have many scenes with custom uv map names, and the exporter handles them without any problem.

Márton
By Marton Day8
In the mean time we have done some investigation on this problem.

It is a more complex thing than I have though before, and unfortunately the problem is not just on the plug-in side. If you start the render from the plug-in, it works without error. If you open your scene in Studio, and hit the big Render button - error message.... But if you click on the "Render region" menu item the render starts....

We haven't forgotten the problem, but we are still working on it.

Márton
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]