By Anders Peter Amsnæs
I am doing an animation of a habor area and need to do some realistic looking seawater in minimal motion. I am concidering doing the rendering in Maxwell.

If I add a Maxwell Sea element to my FormZ scene, will the water be static – or can I animate it?

If not, does anyone have tips or trick of how to achieve some realistic looking seawater in my animation? (Maybe even some less render-requiring methods, than doing it in Maxwell)

Thanks
Anders
By Anders Peter Amsnæs
luis.hijarrubia wrote:Hello.
There is a parameter named "reference time", if you set that parameter to your animation time the sea will be animated.
Luis
Hi Luis

Thank you for your reply. I have done a number of tests, but my water is still static. I set my animation time to 2 sec and the reference time to 2 sec. Am I missing anything?

The "ship" is the only animated element in my test scene.

Thanks
Anders

By luis.hijarrubia
Reference time is the time in that frame. For example if you want 5 frames between times 0 and 1, you should have references times of: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1.
By Anders Peter Amsnæs
luis.hijarrubia wrote:Reference time is the time in that frame. For example if you want 5 frames between times 0 and 1, you should have references times of: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1.
I understand, then shouldn't I be able to add an animation track for the "reference parameter" time? ...so that it's changing from frame to frame when I send off my animation to Maxwell for rendering.

I hope I hope I am not supposed to change it manually from frame to frame and send each frame off to the renderer at a time, because I am doing 5000 frames or so :-)

Can it be animated/automated?
By F. Tella
Hi Anders,

For some reason this forum got unlocked and you could post some questions here, but support for Maxwell plugin for FormZ is given in AutoDesSys forums, here: http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/foru ... er-plugin/

I will lock this sub-forum again and make it read only. You'll get quicker answers there.

Best wishes,

Fernando
Maxwell for Rhino on Max missing Toolbar

Hello, For some reason, the Mac version of Rhino[…]

Let's talk about Maxwell 5.2

Price for sure matter a loot. Speed is the core i[…]

hardware question :)

1) give us a budget limit 2) write down what hard[…]

Materials translucent with V5.1

Well, the problems can be in the chair, the monito[…]