By JDHill
It should be no different to use the menu, or the toolbar buttons. If Studio cannot be found by the plugin, there should be an error message saying so. If there is no error message, I'd recommend uninstalling & reinstalling Maxwell and the plugin, and then restarting the machine.
By JDHill
Getting wrong camera parameters (which ones?) is something I might expect if you tried to export an MXS directly, by using main menu > File > Export > 3D Model, and choosing .mxs as the output format. However, this type of export should not be possible when using SketchUp Make (unless it is in the trial period, when Pro features are enabled), and besides, you say you are using the plugin's toolbar to export.

Whatever the case, I do not yet have enough information to be able to tell you anything, except that I do not see any problems like you describe, here. Some questions/suggestions I can think of would be:
  1. The plugin believes it has successfully found and started Studio (since there is apparently no error message), so check in Task Manager, to see if a studio.exe process tries to start up.
  2. Leaving aside Studio, is the plugin able to find Maxwell and MXED? What happens if you open Scene Manager > Materials, select a material, switch it to use MXM mode, and click the Edit button (the small pencil)?
  3. When you export an MXS and open it in Studio, are there cameras for each Scene in the SKP model?
  4. Which camera parameters are exported incorrectly?
By JDHill
Well, you are not giving many details. You mention perspective -- is it possible that you're using a 2-point perspective camera in SketchUp? That is something that can work with SketchUp Pro, but not with SketchUp Make.
By seghier
JDHill wrote:
  1. The plugin believes it has successfully found and started Studio (since there is apparently no error message), so check in Task Manager, to see if a studio.exe process tries to start up.
  2. Leaving aside Studio, is the plugin able to find Maxwell and MXED? What happens if you open Scene Manager > Materials, select a material, switch it to use MXM mode, and click the Edit button (the small pencil)?
  3. When you export an MXS and open it in Studio, are there cameras for each Scene in the SKP model?
  4. Which camera parameters are exported incorrectly?
yes i can't export to mxs file from file/export/3d model ; but that exist in the menu : extensions/maxwell/export mxs
1- no the studio process didn't try to startup
2- i open scene manager/materials and choose material from library but when i clicked edit nothing happened
3- in studio all camera exported but the one created with perspective match had wrong parameters

4- the one created with perspective match
By JDHill
  • 1. The Export MXS command only exports an MXS; the Export to Studio command exports an MXS, and also opens it in Studio.
    2. That is odd, but it matches with your claim that Studio doesn't start. When you click Edit, MXED should start up, or there should be an error message shown, stating that MXED could not be found. If neither happens, again, I'd recommend at least reinstalling Maxwell, and restarting the machine.
    3/4. That makes more sense, since there have been issues reported with match photo before, which I have never been able to resolve. I would like you to upload your SKP file, so I can take a look at it.
By seghier
yes i remember something about perspective match but it worked for me with old versions
and i remember one time when i exported the perspective match camera i just cloned it in studio and i got the right camera but that didn't work again
i will upload the scene and send the file
yesterday (and before ) i installed the new version of maxwell and restarted the machine but the same problem happened since weeks
By JDHill
On photo match, I am not aware of any changes in the plugin, which should affect this, unless you are talking about a very, very old version of the plugin. If you have a version of the plugin that works differently, please let me know what it is, so I can study any changes in the code, between the versions.

All I can tell you (about Studio not starting) is that the plugin uses the MAXWELL3_ROOT environment variable to find where Maxwell is installed; if studio.exe is able to be found in that directory, the plugin tries to start it. If it does not start, and you have already reinstalled/rebooted the machine (this is to refresh environment variables), I guess you could try starting SketchUp as a different user (or administrator), to see if that changes anything. Additionally, I would try disabling any anti-virus/anti-malware software, in case that is interfering with the plugin's ability to successfully start Studio (or Maxwell & MXED).

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]