Hello,

I'm using Maxwell V2 and the Sketchup plugin.
For special purposes I need to make a rendering with some instances of one MXS references and the setting 'hide from camera'.

I selected all the instances of the mxs reference in Sketchup and used the contextual menu to set them to 'hide from camera'.

If I start the rendering the mxs references are still there?
Can anybody help?

Thank you in advance,
Umdrehung

P.S.
I opened the scene in Studio and tried to set the MXS references to hide from camera. I succeeded but only with the first instance of the reference.
I didn't manage to select the other instances although their bounding boxes are visible.
@jDHill

Thank you. But this works only for the first instance of the mxs-reference. The other instances are still visible.
Did I get it right? I open the mxs file that I want to use as an reference, select everything an choose 'hide from camera'.
Then I start Sketchup, load the scene file and start the rendering.
(I also tried it with 'update proxy' an 'chose mxm' but nothing worked.)

Besides: do you also have a clue why I didn't manage to select the instances of the reference in Studio.
I activated visibility for instances an selected instance selection mode, but I cannot activate them.

Cheers
Umdrehung
I see what you mean, the attribute does not appear to carry through to instances of the reference, even when set inside the referenced MXS itself. As far as selecting instances of references in Studio, I am on 3.0.1, and I am not even seeing them in the viewport at all. However, I can select and move them (this works differently in V3, where there is no longer an "instances" mode, since instances are shown in the regular object tree, like any other object). I can't really say whether these would be bugs or limitations, but I'll work up a report for them (sorry, but I don't immediately see any workaround).
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]