By numerobis
Hi,

i've installed v2 with Sketchup Plugin v2.4 (sketchup 6.4) on Windows XP x64

i can only set texture paths and mxm paths for automxm without blanks and no network paths.
Using the standart paths (c:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 2) i get the following error message

maxwell:[ERROR]
Error parsing argument: Files\Next

Is there a solution for this problem?

The other thing that doesn't work is the hdri path selection in the 2.4 plugin. if i press the search button nothing happens...
Can i use plugin version 2.2 to fix this?
By JDHill
These problems sound like something that would come from having parts of two plugin versions installed; did you have a previous plugin installed before installing this one? If so, have you tried uninstalling, making sure there are no Maxwell plugin parts left in your SketchUp /exporters and /plugins directories, and then installing clean?
yes, i had v1.7 installed but i removed it because of these problems (mxw 1.7 and the v2.2 ruby+maxwell folder and exporter), but there is no difference...
can you tell me what files and entries should be removed after deinstalling?
By JDHill
I couldn't say what might be left behind after uninstalling, since in theory, nothing should be. So, to make sure, I would just check that there are no Maxwell-related files or folders left in the SketchUp /Exporters and /Plugins directories, then I would reboot, and then run the installer for the version I am trying to run. It just seems from your description, that some of the files in your installation must be mismatched (i.e. the ruby and html files, mainly), because those functions are working fine for me here, so that is why I am suspecting this as the cause.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]