By messire
Stefan
Thnx!
Question: Why flip the HDR in photoshop horizontally ( what purpose?)
Can't we just convert to 8 bits and boost size and save as?

Question 2 : jpg size: in order to save SU interface speed, i guess i shall keep that HRDI.jpg as small as possible in weight ( for once it is in materials panels it slows it lots if its over 200 k... I assume the HDR needs to be huge, not the jpg right?

thnx :)
Nils
Nils,

Don't flip the HDR - it should stay the same.
In Photoshop:
Create a jpg from the HDR to use in SketchUp (it needs to be converted to 8bit in order to save as jpg).
Downscale it to below 200 k if you wish (the size doesn't matter, as long as you can see whats in the picture).
Flip it horizontally. When using the UVtools.rb to map a texture to the inside of a sphere, the texture is flipped horizontally (this is some kind of a bug in the plugin).
To counteract this you'll have to flip the jpg before you map it (the result is double flip = right orientation).
Save it eg. as "radsky-017_flipped for SketchUp.jpg" or something...
Good luck :)

/ Stefan
By Richard
Use the save for the web function in PS to reduce image quality (size) very cool feature and no conversions necessary!

TomTom on the SCF created a little ruby that flips the front face map to the back face that makes for no map flipping.

If you are just using HDRI for illumination you can drop the size down to buggery as it will greatly speed render times!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]