By bygeorge
Hello I am new to the Maxwell SketchUp Plugin. When I load a MXM texture onto the surface of the floor I get a tiling effect that makes it look unrealistic. If I enlarge the size too much it also makes the material look unrealistic. Is this a problem with the MXM I got from the resource library, or is there a fix for this. If there is a fix would someone please share the workflow?

Thanks!
By JDHill
To attach a screenshot, you need to upload it somewhere such as flickr.com or imageshack.us, and link to it in your post using [img][/img] tags.

Regarding the MXM, I think it will be necessary to post a screenshot, or upload the model (using dropbox or similar), to help describe the problem, because I'm not noticing anything obviously wrong with it, so far. If, by unrealistic, you just mean that you can see repetition in the pattern, there is not much way around that, besides creating larger textures for the material, where each would contain several tiles-worth of non-repeating pattern (that is an art, in and of itself).
By a.behrens
Tiling artefacts on large surfaces are pretty common. The reason is that you have a material which is to small for the surface and must be used in tiles very often. Potential solutions:

- put a 2nd layer of something else (like dust, dirt) on top of the surface to cover the tiling pattern
- create your own texture which covers the complete surface without the need of tiling. There are many tutorials in the world wide web. Look for 'seamless textures'. A good one is this (1 DVD with training and 2 DVDs with textures) http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/ ... and-Blocks

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]