By archigrafix
JD it seems I get a problem with the Grass LOD. I choose LOD in the dialog box but when I close this and reopen LOD is unselected... Strange!? When I render I cant say if it is taken in account or not...It feel not but not sure
By JDHill
Thanks, I see this too -- it's a bug. If you check in Studio, the value is being written, but the Grass UI in the plugin is not properly re-checking/unchecking the LOD checkbox when loading data for a given group.
By mreusser
Forgive for my first post here being what most might consider an inane question, however I have run into somewhat of a problem, and hope this is the right place to ask for help.

Am running SU 2013 pro on a Windows (64bit system), and up till today was running the Maxwell SA plug-in, and all worked fine for that and what it offered.

Wanting to delve further into Maxwell and what it offered, I downloaded the full RS version (2.7.20), as well as the needed Plugin for SU (Version 2013 32bit or 64bit).

The install of the RS went perfectly and registered perfectly, and opens and works perfectly.

Then, when I went to install the plug-in, I first read the read me text which stated:

If you have previously installed the Standalone Maxwell for SketchUp plugin, through the
SketchUp Extension Warehouse, then before running this installer, you should delete these
from your SketchUp Plugins folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013\Plugins\maxwell
C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013\Plugins\maxwell.rb

I did this, the also did a quick clean and system restart, just to make sure it was gone.

I then clicked on the set-up .exe, wall went well at the onset, then as it wanted to install, I got the note that "a newer version already existed on this computer" and was forced t cancel the install. I re-tried several times, to no avail...always the same error message. I then went through the entire system to see if and where this newer version could be, I also ran a system search, but came up with nothing.

At this point, I went so far as to uninstall the Maxwell RS, again ran a clean and restart of the system...and tried now to only install the plug-in....nothing doing...same error message. I then reinstalled the RS, and tried again...nothing.

I now have no Maxwell plug-in showing in SU, and no way to render my SU files.......not good.

Could anyone help or advise as to what is the possible issue and solution to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
By JDHill
Please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall Maxwell for SketchUp from there. After doing so, you can then run the installer for whichever version of the plugin you want to run.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]