By fv
Hi JD,
this must have been reported by others but when geometry is not assigned to material in SU then when you export to Studio you can not render. I get the message that at render from Studio that the default material will be used but then the render is aborted because a next message says there is a material preference not set.

Iow, when you have geometry unasigned in a model you can not export to Studio. You can however render directly to Maxwell. This is a problem, big problem for me since I have to sort out a model to look were there are objects without materials, which is not so easy.

This is under OSX. You can easily reproduce the problem by drawing a cube without assigning a material, export to Studio and hit render. On my system this cube without any material will not render. There won't be a default material brought into Studio either. Maybe thats the problem.

Tx, I do like the plugin a lot though.
Francois
By JDHill
Actually, this is working as intended. If the plugin assigned a default material to all non-assigned objects, then the Default Material feature (Scene Manager > Output > Materials > Default, also found in Maxwell and in Studio) would be ineffectual. How it works here is that if I render from Studio, it asks me whether or not I want to apply the default material to all unassigned objects; I respond Yes, and the export/render continues.

I think that what you need to do is to open Studio, go to Edit > Preferences > Paths, and set a Default MXM path.
By fv
the problem is now that at every render from Studio I have to click three times to start the render;
1. to hit the render button
2. to read and ok the message that there is unassigned geometry
3. to accept the default material for unassigned geometry

This can drive you nuts even though its just about a few extra clicks. Its like telling someone the same thing over and over again.

JD, is it at all possible to choose to export a default material on export to Studio or mxs ?

Francois
By JDHill
Well, I hear you, and it would be possible to do that (though not trivial), but I think the proper place to change things would be in Studio, and not in the plugin. I am not sure why Studio is wanting to apply a material to everything, when Maxwell Render does not require it.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]