By Richard
I seem to be having an issue that hidden layers are exported and render whether "do not render" is selected or not!

Well actually some is and some isn't. Actual hidden geometry is also exporting and rendering also. A few other weird things too!

I've attached a screen shot of the SU scene with every layer off and a shot of the render. You can see some thing are missing (guttering and few other things) though everything else is rendering!

I could be missing something?

By JDHill
Thanks Richard, there is a bug in the visibility check for groups, which will be fixed in the next build. On items missing, I am not aware of any such bug, so it would be good if you could upload the file -- I have set up an ftp where you can do this, so let me know if you'd like the address.
By Richard
Hey JD thanks mate!

I may have confused you! The missing bits are the items that weren't grouped, in fact they were bit that I had to previously explode to export through the old plugin so therefore not subject to the current issue of hidden layers.

I've got to ask sorry, any idea when the next V might be out, I've got a stack of renders to do and a client breathing down my neck and wondering if to try and work around the current plug or switch to the old one!
By JDHill
Hi Richard, I still have some things I am working on before then, but if you like, you can try this Skp2Mxs.dll. You will need to unzip it and use it to replace the existing Skp2Mxs.dll in your SU /Exporters directory.
By Richard
Wow - Thank you so much for that concession JD - VERY much appreciated! For some reason I had a break down in communication between SU 7.1 and MR through the old 1.7.1 plugin and it just stuffed everything and I suspect due to a hang over from earlier SU model versions. The new plugin seems to have rid those problems but incurred this new one.

I use lots of hidden geometry (the grey panels in front of the window eg), extra plane there to manage the positioning and scaling of windows in the roughed up draft design done so to quickly redesign frontages with the client in conjunction. In fact I have little planes as height guides at the left corner of every return in the brickwork that come in with my wall component, I use these to snap objects in place quickly, funnily enough these didn't render. I suspect the layer structure there worked for them, wierd!

By Richard
Hey JD (now termed GOD) - mate you nailed it straight up! Fixed it like a dream!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]