By fv
Hi, now and then I share some of our work here in Holland with others here. We made a new website.
http://www.fillieverhoeven.nl/

All images are rendered with Maxwell.
We never make real scale models, so all those are modeled in Modo.
Then many other images are modeled in Sketchup.
The rest is a small selection of what we actually build here and there...

I do like to see what others are doing in real office practise using SU and Maxwell. SU is such a typical archviz tool that I expect most to be architect or working at architectural firms.

For people who are getting into the various plugins to get SU to go organic I would seriously advise to look into more suitable tools like Modo. SU is just great but no competition for good nurbs or subdivision modelers. Its actually easier to combine different app's for different results than to try to get it all in one. Maxwell Studio is a good example of why you are often better of with specialized app's.

Francois
By Richard
Francois!

Wow mate, you guys have produced some amazing works! The scale models are amazing! I've got to do a stack of model style renders for VERY large scale project soon and these are great inspiration!

Mate I know we have about the worlds slowest internet connections here though the site does seem very slow to navigate through! Just an eyes up!

Again mate stunning work! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
By Richard
brodie_geers wrote:Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

The site seemed pretty speedy here on my home connection.

-Brodie
Yeah wondered if that may be the case of our crap broadband system - we are known to trail the rest of the world in that regard!
By fv
thanks, nice to see our work inspires.

I made the site in iWeb, very simple website really and its true its actually a bit slow. But on a normal broadband connection it should not be too slow. I can even see it rather well on my iPhone on 3G connection. I wish iWeb did nicer page transitions though.

About the scale models, I would advise to get very highres textures (arroway wood textures at 60Mb mappings) and good lighting. Studio lighting with several light in different color shades. It does not have to be very specific or sophisticated. But just a physical sky does make scale models look a little dull. Also make sure your scalemodels are at actual scalemodel size, so a big building should be no bigger than half a meter. Otherwise DOF camera settings will not get you the desired effects.

Francois

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]