By JDHill
No, at least not to begin with; for now it is just a global switch in the plugin's Output options page (that means it is saved on a per-file basis). I consider this a hack -- functionality like this should really be implemented in SketchUp as a per-layer bounding box display or similar, rather than having every plugin on the face of the earth implementing these kinds of dirty and undiscoverable workarounds.
By numerobis
JDHill wrote:No, I'm not trying to tease you, just showing you some of the progress.
thanks for showing the progress! it's always good to see some progress - even if we have to wait longer for the release.
I like to be teased! :mrgreen:
By fv
TX,
Happy to know the bug misplaced instances is fixed.
Good to know the plugin is worked on and moving ahead.

How much time per week is your workload now working on the plugin. Just trying to get an idea on how much work it is.
Francois
By JDHill
I usually work about 12-14 hours a day, Francois; Saturdays somewhat less, since I have a standing breakfast meeting with some friends. Factoring in time taken for customer support related to this and my other plugins, it is about 70-80 hrs per week which are spent actually working on the SketchUp plugin.
By Polyxo
JDHill wrote:I usually work about 12-14 hours a day, Francois; Saturdays somewhat less, since I have a standing breakfast meeting with some friends. Factoring in time taken for customer support related to this and my other plugins, it is about 70-80 hrs per week which are spent actually working on the SketchUp plugin.
:shock: Damn Ketchup-Users - Give us our JD back or I'll take you on my Horns!

yours, Rhino
By JDHill
Hi Holger, remember that Rhino basically needs a totally new plugin due to the V5 OSX Rhino build...the plan is that I will be using much of what I'm building now for SketchUp there, so it's not really the case that SketchUp plugin dev time steals from Rhino plugin dev time -- to a great degree, time spent working on one is also time spent working on the other.
By Polyxo
JDHill wrote:Hi Holger, remember that Rhino basically needs a totally new plugin due to the V5 OSX Rhino build...the plan is that I will be using much of what I'm building now for SketchUp there, so it's not really the case that SketchUp plugin dev time steals from Rhino plugin dev time -- to a great degree, time spent working on one is also time spent working on the other.
No worries, I was just joking.
There's no doubt that we all profit from your cross-platform development.
By JDHill
Oh sure, I didn't take it as other than a joke :) -- I just wanted to take that opportunity to make the situation clear.
By Richard
JDHill wrote:I usually work about 12-14 hours a day, Francois; Saturdays somewhat less, since I have a standing breakfast meeting with some friends. Factoring in time taken for customer support related to this and my other plugins, it is about 70-80 hrs per week which are spent actually working on the SketchUp plugin.
Man I know that feeling JD - the one man show here does similar and now 20 years of it! My GF has a 9-5 and gets a salary over twice what I generally rake in a year and without all the hassles and then wonders why I cant grant myself the time to take advantage of travelling with her to far of global destinations! If I could get a laptop that works for me as well as a desktop system (never sure how anyone works on a laptop for modelling and rendering or anything for that point) I'd probably take that opportunity sometimes! She gets to go all over the place and then can just stay as long as she wants to generate work, all the while I'm stuck if front of a bloody PC - fortunately though doing stuff I love!

@ Holger - Bugger off mate he's all ours!!! Muhahaha (bellowing very deeply)

It must be a real pain when the host app upgrades and plugins are affected and require an upgrade!

@JD BTW mate not sure if to this or another thread I did mention that something between SU V6 - V7.+ got broken between SU and the plugin, I hadn't noted it before (little rendering) but significant breakdown noted (PC). Just an eyes up!
By fv
I have noticed architects who do not use computers, talk all day with clients at the golfcourse, restaurants and musea get much better paid.
Last edited by fv on Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By brodie_geers
Not to make this thread ALL about Richard's love life but, Richard I think the answer is obvious here. Marry the girl, use her money for the bills and boring stuff and then use your income can pay for all the fun stuff! Blam-o! Now you just need to make enough money to pay for the next vacation.

-Brodie

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]