I wonder if these issues are just me or do the other SU users experience the same with Studio.
I am using OSX so that might be it to.

1. The colors in Studio often change to black letters making it impossible to read the settings. Under preferences clicking colors reverts the colors to normal...but only for a while.
2. Using the operator for UV's to scale I have to set the proper checkboxes each time I make a change. Often that is and I am clicking away 6 boxes all the time.....
3. Instances can not be removed once copied and the only way to deal with them is to delete the original data and reimport (iow avoid instances)
4. Centering the pivot for UV's is hard, I click adjust and then normalise and scale them again. I can copy paste the pivot's location for the object pivot to the UV pivot. All is a hassle. I wish there was a way to quickly centre the UV to its object. Or adjust it to the object in a way that does not distort the size of the UV map.

The above is a constant annoyance in Studio but i hardly read about it on the appropriate boards. Maybe its SU and its exported models that are causing these bugs.
Francois
Using Windows XP Pro:

1) Not a problem for me as of yet.

2) rarely use that because of just this issue.

3) no problem with instances here.

4) I think maybe the reason that UV's are such an issue for Sketchup users is because Sketchup has very little native support for any kind of decent UV mapping... making it necessary to adjust your UV's in Studio especially for spheres and irregular rounded surfaces. I doubt users of most other software have as much need for UV manipulation in Studio, so they are less likely to worry about the ease-of-use of the UV manipulating tools in Studio.

If you are not aware of this plugin for Sketchup users it may make your life infinately easier:
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 23&t=23725

Using this Sketchup export UV's to Maxwell very well -- and that alleviates the need to do that work in Studio somewhat.

Best,
Jason.
Tx Jason,
Actually, working with UV's in Studio is not too hard but its the operator that does not remember its latest settings. I do not know how to make NL see these kind of minor but seriously annoying issues or bugs.

I am surprised to read deleting instances is no problem on Windows. I am afraid since this might be OS related a fix is going to be a long wait.
The same goes for the color problem with UI of Studio. I can only hope they have put this on the buglist to fix.

I think not too many people use Studio.
I agree, and hopefully I will help to change that with my video series -- I think working in studio has a ton of power for Sketchup users and really opens up Maxwell to many other softwares like Onyx, Z-Brush and 3D Coat that are very useful and popular but don't have any plugin support as of yet and would be almost entirely unusable with Sketchup otherwise.

I will doing at least 30 videos from my series from within Maxwell Studio -- so new users will have a chance to really understand the tool and its benefits.

Best,
Jason.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]