By donb
Just updated to V2 (yeah!) but immediately ran into a stumbling block I haven't seen addressed.

When I render directly from the SU plugin (V2.4) I get an error messages for any Ior files I have used, for example:

ERROR: - Ior Complex File not found ( C:/Program Files/Next Limit/Maxwell/materials database/ior files/chromium.ior ) for bsdf in Material "Steel"

Note that the path specifies .../Maxwell/... not .../Maxwell 2/.... A check of the material in the Material Browser shows the path to be correct. If I instead load the MXS file in MW Studio and start the render, it works correctly.

How can the MXS work in one case (from Studio) and not the other (from the Plugin) as the file passed to Maxwell Render is the same in both cases? Have I missed a step when using the plugin?

Thanks,
Don
By donb
It has been a week since I posted this problem. No response from anyone? Next Limit? Please!
By JDHill
I must have missed your post. Studio does more path-fixing than maxwell.exe does -- if you open the MXM in MXED and make sure the path is correct, does that not take care of the issue? Sorry if that's what you meant by 'check of the material in the Material Browser' -- I am not sure where you are checking the path.

Here, as long as the ior path contained in the MXM is correct, it renders fine in maxwell.exe.
By donb
Hi JD,

The path is correct in MXED so I'm thinking the old path must be embedded in the MXM.

Just opened the MXM in a hex editor and yes, the path is embedded. On a whim I reopened the MXM in the material editor and saved it. Checked again in the hex editor and now the path embedded in the MXM is correct.

And a quick attempt to render from the plugin.... it works!

Don
By JDHill
Here, I can directly type into the ior path in MXED -- if I make the path wrong on purpose, it will fail, while if I make sure that it is correct, it will succeed. Note that I am talking about standalone MXED, not the material editor in Studio -- if Studio corrects the path on importing the MXM, it will appear differently there than how it still exists in the MXM file.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]