By fv
I have exported a model to Studio with instances checked and found that when I do that much of the geometry if not all is no longer seperated by material. This makes it impossible to change materials in Studio.
Is this a bug or do I have some setting wrong.

Tx. Francois

PS
Since the current plugin is not working I am exporting all my work into Studio. It has actually speeded up my workflow a lot. I am now thinking that Studio is a blessing for those that render photorealisticly their SU work. I have like 500 Mb models in Studio, no way to do that in SU. I now carefully model my work in small SU files and import them seperatly in Studio. I then reimport those textured and editied mxs parts in the full model in Studio. It also makes previewing parts and making partial renders a lot easier. Once working like this I realise I will probably never render directly out of SU again.
I have posted this before but now with some more experience I see the huge advantage over other renderapp's you have with the Maxwell/Studio combination.
FV, I'm in the same spot as you. I can't imagine trying to render an archviz scene from SU without using a studio to be able to workaround SU's polygon issues. That said, I'm still looking forward to JD's plugin.

As for your instancing issue, I don't have a solution but I can confirm that it's working the same on my end as well. Like you I have to do a lot of editing and changing in studio so I've just gotten used to not using instances.

-Brodie
By fv
Actually, you can use instances but you have to import them seperatly. Like I did just recently with lavender flowers. I just imported the flowers seperatly so that I did not have to deal with getting them mixed up in other material groups. And actually it worked fine. Try it a bit more with simple examples and you will see it works out well enough.
Francois
By Richard
Hey you guys are pushing the use of studio way too much, JD will never worry about getting the plugin nailed in this situation! :)

I have in the past been addicted to using studio though as I've been fairly busy rendering lots of small jobs lately realising the direct export can be a godsent!! I just hope still JD can get the xref option nailed with the new plugin so low poly proxies can be used!

I hear Thea plugin will have this option on the next version of the plugin, which doesn't help us much here! BTW checked out Thea studio and it really lacks a MR studio friendly workflow..

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]