First, look on your desktop and see if there is a file named MW4SW_LOAD_ERROR.txt. If there is, please email it to me at jeremy at nextlimit dotcom. Beyond that, there would be a few questions:
- Which version of Windows are you using?
- Has Windows been updated recently?
- Have any drivers been updated recently?
- Has your monitor configuration been changed?
- Has SolidWorks been updated recently?
- If so, before or after plugin 2.7.10 was installed?
- Was a previous version of the plugin installed?
- Can you confirm that plugin & SW architectures (x86/x64) match?
- Have you already tried a clean uninstall/reinstall of the plugin?
A quick thing to try before much else might be to go to AppData/Roaming and rename the MaxwellDotNET folder, in case there is something wrong with preferences files and such. As far as uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin goes, it would be good (in case an older version has been installed) before reinstallation, to open Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration (it is in Adminstrative Tools), go to Manage the Assembly Cache
> View List of Assemblies in the Assembly Cache
, and confirm that no Maxwell-related items appear.