By CRAS
Hello JD,

I´m having problems with an old scene where I was using emitter objects (small cube with light material applied..).
The don´t show up in maxwell render as light sources at all. Did I miss anything here?
By JDHill
Is this a part or an assembly? There was a problem found with surface bodies and emitters in the context of an assembly (http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 06&t=32579), but according to your description, that would not seem to apply. Either way, what do you see when you open the mxs in Studio?

If the file isn't huge, it will probably be quickest and easiest if you could send it to me ( jeremy at nextlimit dot com ) so I can see what's happening directly.
By CRAS
Hello JD,

sorry for the delay - was out of office a while.

I tried to render an older scene which I made with V1.7.
You´re right. I got similar error messages like posted (viewtopic.php?f=106&t=32579).

I then tried to reconstruct several objects (parts) and again assigned the materials - but still got the error messages. I deleted an array of emitters (laser-diodes with complex reflectors) and just kept the first one in the scene (assembly). After that, V2 started rendering without any error message but the emitter was misalinged completely. I couldn´t resolve that - since the file itself was was o.k..

I made some simple tests (mo assembly file, just parts) with emitter material - didn´t work. By the way, this didn´t work with Modo either, so I´m assuming I´m doing something worng (?)

I´ll send you the file to the specified email adress. Please handle with care it´s a patented laser -shaper device.

Thanks

AL

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]