By Josephus Holt
I upgraded to Photoshop CS4 Extended at the same time I got the MW 2.0 upgrade. Although the CS4 Ext upgrade is more to facilitate scaled hand sketches, create texture maps,etc, I was wondering if anyone is aware if there is a way with CS4 Extended to do something along the line of Cinema4D's Bodypaint, which although I have not used (I've "played with it"), going through a Bodypaint tutorial it looked like you would be able to take for instance some of the brick walls, and with the Photoshop tools "dirty" it up in appropriate places, like under roof overhangs, window sills, etc. The advantage of Bodypaint is that it brings in the "rendered" face, i.e. showing the brick pattern, and allow you to "paint" over that as your heart's content, knowing exactly where the painting was taking place. Does anyone know if this is doable with Rhino/Maxwell and Photoshop CS4 Extended...or is there another app out there which (hopefully is fairly easy to use) but will do this?

Thx much, Joe

BTW: for JD...plug-in and MW2.0 working fine here...first time around :D
Last edited by Josephus Holt on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Josephus Holt
...just trying to think this through...actually seems like the CS4 Extended 3D tools have NO value here, but would export a 2D elevation view with the brick texture (correctly mapped), then with a separate layer do the tweaking, and save just that Photoshop-edited layer to be used as a separate BSDF layer (will also have the brick texture BSDF)....does that sound about right?
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]