By polynurb
compared to the studio pack and go, it appears that at the moment the following items are not collected by the rhino plug in:

textures in blocks (linked)

textures in grass extensions.

i noticed that when rendering over the network.

daniel
By JDHill
Textures in grass were not included, but I am not able to reproduce a similar problem with textures referenced by linked blocks. And I don't really see how blocks could specifically be problematic, since it is their materials which contain references to textures. In other words, to skip a texture in a block, its material would also need to be skipped. Can you please try to describe a specific scenario I could use to reproduce the issue with blocks?
By polynurb
you are right, i mixed two things up in that posting:

the issue with the blocks i experienced when using "gatherAllFiles"
i had a scene which already included some blocks (people), and then i imported some more using the linked blocks.

when i then used gatherAllfiles, and sent a newly written mxs to the network, the textures of the added blocks were missing.
it did not happen when i exploded all blocks before running "gatherAllfiles"; (might have been on another rhino session though)

i can try to reproduce it here, but not right now it's friday night :)
By JDHill
Ah, thanks, that's different. I'll take a look, but really, I don't know if that will be supported. Pack & Go is highly preferable, since there, I literally read the MXS data to find out what needs to be copied -- with the gather files function, I have to try to predict, without actually exporting, what will be needed. I won't remove the command, but you should probably consider it as being more or less deprecated, in favor of Pack & Go.

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]