Hello,

I read all the posts about the Texture Channel Parameter inside C4D but it's not clearly understand for me
I want a video tutorial or with very simple images process to understand the method to apply an alpha logo with another material
a video tutorial would be really useful for all users of non-English C4D Maxwellrender can understand

an example of a logo on glass how in C4D?

This series of video training Maxwelrender for C4D is great but unfortunately it does not mean the alpha channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ts-3wHY ... -h57lLSGxA

Many thanks in advance
sorry for the bad English translation google!
By JDHill
I think I will need a more specific description of what you are trying to do. Maxwell does not have a concept of combining two materials together (i.e. "the method to apply an alpha logo with another material"), but each Maxwell material is made up of multiple stacked layers. So for example, a method of applying a logo is to use two layers, where one is used as the base color, and the other is stacked on top, by cutting out everything but the logo through the use of the Layer > Mask, as described here:
This picture shows a repeated star pattern being used as a Mask, but it could be a logo instead; to prevent it repeating, you would disable texture tiling, by changing Projection Properties > Method from Tile XY to No Tiling:
By JDHill
Ah, I see you edited your post with a picture showing an example of what you're trying to do. Give me awhile, and I'll set up a simple C4D scene that shows one way of doing this.
By JDHill
Here is a Cinema file that shows a similar situation:
In order to map a logo on glass, it is necessary to use UV mapping, since a projection would map the texture to both the inside and outside of the cup. The material is built inside of Cinema, and you will see that it has two layers: one for the glass, and a second one for the logo.

Note that the logo layer is masked using the same texture file as the logo, by enabling the "Use Alpha" switch in the plugin's texture editor. Otherwise it would be necessary to have a second texture for masking, where the logo area was white, and the masked area was black.
hello
I looked carefully at the logo file there still has questions
why when I moves the logo on the glass is cut?

I pressed the matter on a cube and it repeats on all sides how to prevent this?

thank you again for your help
By JDHill
michel@dtouchparis.com wrote:why when I moves the logo on the glass is cut?
May I assume this happened as a result of changing the Offset U value in the texture tag (or Offset X in the plugin texture editor)? If so, it is because that (the right edge, where the logo gets cut) is where the UV seam is. To change this, you would need to re-map the UVs using BodyPaint, or else move the logo in the PNG file.
michel@dtouchparis.com wrote:I pressed the matter on a cube and it repeats on all sides how to prevent this?
Assuming the texture tag is set to UVW Mapping, it would appear to be because Cinema maps each side of the cube as a plane. We can infer this by making the cube rectangular, by changing its Size.X, Size.Y, or Size.Z values, and observing that the logo gets stretched on any side that is not square.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]