By eworcllib
If I install the latest Cinema 4d beta, 3.0.2 for R9.6-11 I don't have an issue. But after the install of Maxwell Render beta 3.0.0.4 I get a System error stating system can't start due to libmmd.dll is missing from computer. I assumed I should install 3.02 plugin for the beta but don't know if they have any connection whatsoever. Reverting back to Maxwell 3.0.0.0 resolves the issue. Don't really want to do that since I then lose the 1920x1080 resolution for Learning Edition.

Running Windows7 64bit. Also, If I just click through the errors..my Cinema 4D 10.5 eventually starts up and I don't notice any issues with Fire or rendering out to Maxwell, etc. I have tried installing the new Maxwell beta on another machine and same issue.

Side note, so is the 3.0.2 plugin specific for Maxwell 3.0.0.4 beta or is it not related and simply an advancement of the plugin itself?
By JDHill
Checking here, the .mxx extensions for 3.0.0.4 have dependencies on libmmd.dll and svml_dispmd.dll, which they should not have, and this is what is causing the errors. The same will occur whether you use plugin 3.0.0 or 3.0.2 (in other words, no, the plugin is not specific to any particular 3.0.0.x build), and though you can click through and allow the plugin to load, it will fail to render anything requiring an .mxx extension. The same will not apply to the R14-R15 plugin, as those use a different Visual C++ runtime, and must therefore be deployed with local versions of the .mxx extensions, compiled with the matching runtime.

The lowest-impact temporary workaround will be to copy libmmd.dll and svml_dispmd.dll from your Maxwell 3 directory into the Maxwell 3\extensions subdirectory, next to the .mxx files, as this will allow Windows to find them when they are required. So please give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]