By Ernesto
Hello,

I found that in the export (to mxs files) options there is a box named:
Will use sequence render
I thought that it would render all the cameras in a sequence...., but in my test it only rendered the first camera.
I wonder what is this for?

Ernesto
By Mihnea Balta
That setting tells the plug-in you will export all the frames to MXS, and you will use Maxwell in sequence mode to render all of them (i.e. pass the -animation flag to the Maxwell command line). In that case, Maxwell appends the frame number to the output image automatically, so the plug-in must not do it itself, otherwise you would get image0000100001.png instead of image00001.png.

Recent versions of Maxwell check if a frame number is already present in the output name and do not append it a second time, so you can ignore this setting if you have the latest plug-in and Maxwell. We've kept it only for compatibility reasons.

If you want to render multiple cameras, you need to add more renderable cameras in the "Common" tab (click on the "Renderable Camera" dropdown and the last item will allow you to add a new one). The plug-in will start one render for each camera, but only when you use batch or command line rendering (this is not a plug-in limitation, it's how Maya works with all render engines).
By Ernesto
I uderstand.

Yes! I would like to export all the cameras in the project, with a single operation.
I have already all the cameras as renderable, but am not sure about the process...

If I understood it right, all i have to do is export a single MXS file, to be rendered as a batch in the network.
I am not sure about the exporting settings, I assume that current camera should be unchecked, but am not sure about the other boxes.

Thanks

Ernesto
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]