By macray
daimon wrote:Can I use my ies files with the Maya Plugin?
Thanks
try it!
By daimon
I did try it. I have the demo, but I can't see anywhere on the Maxwell Shader after I create an emitter an ies import.
Plus alot of stuff missing on maya plugin, It seems that the menu that you can select a material from the library is missing.
By Mihnea Balta
To use an IES file, select "IES" in the "Photometric Data" dropdown in the emitter properties. The "IES File" control is at the bottom of the emitter page, but it's disabled if you use "Watts + Efficacy" or "Luminance Value" for the photometric data.

To see the import, export, library, gallery and wizard buttons select the "Global Parameters" item in the material tree. They are not visible all the time in order to save some screen space.
By daimon
Thank you, I found it on the maxwell Layered Material only, on the regular Maxwell Material I don't have that is that correct ? Or did i messed up something on the installation with version 1.7 plugin?
Can you hide the model of the emitter?
By Mihnea Balta
The "regular" material is kept for backwards compatibility only, you shouldn't use it in new scenes. As such, it doesn't have any new features compared to the 1.x version. MXM import has been removed from the old material because the MXM files contain layers now, and the old node can't represent them.

Use the layered material, it has all the functionality of the 1.x material plus a lot of new features.

To hide a mesh, open its attribute editor, expand the "Maxwell Render" rollup and use the checkboxes which appear there.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]