After exporting, MR checks dependencies as normal, then checks data, then hangs on "Loading Bitmaps & Preprocessing Data" for a long time. After 5 minutes it picks up. The scene has 16 Maxwell materials, and rendered just fine last night. Today, I added two more materials, and now it will not render. I have tried removing those materials, and the same issue happens.

Voxelization also takes a lot longer than usual, but eventually picks up (again about 5 minutes).

Anyone else experience this long wait time?

Here's the 3ds Max file
I can't see anything wrong in the Max scene, and I can't render it to try to reproduce the problem because I don't have the textures. Long delays before voxelization are usually caused either by huge textures, or by textures that take a long time to be located. Maybe you have some textures on a network drive that's been disconnected, but Maxwell finds them in a search path after the network times out?

Try doing a pack and go of the scene and render the resulting MXS file. Does it still take a long time to start? If so, could you send me the packed scene (MXS + all textures), to try and debug it?
Problem persists after pack and go - see attached file below.

Pack and Go

I've looked at the textures, and the biggest is just over 2 MB, with only 21 textures total. This has me a little stumped as it was rendering just fine all yesterday and last night while I ran numerous test-renders. It might be my work computer - I will be testing it again tonight on my home computer.

Also, I have been working off of skydrive, where all my files / textures are pathed. This wasn't an issue at all yesterday, and there were no long delays - everything was found just fine, but it's something to consider. I ran the mxs in the pack and go stored locally, which had the same issue, so I guess that kind of negates skydrive being the issue.

Textures/materials which were added this morning (when the problem started occurring) were the Flooring - oak material ("Wood_Floor_..." textures), the glass material, and the pale oak material ("chene clair..." textures).

Thanks for your help
The source of the problem is the displacement component in the material called "CPT-2 - Life Aquatic". It's using adaptive subdivision and for some reason the engine takes longer than it should to preprocess it. We're looking into why that happens, but in the mean time switch it to pretessellated mode and lower the subdivision level (it's set to 150) and the problem will go away.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]