By choo-chee
1. will it possible to duplicate instances without selecting the original again and again? it would be much easier to select an instance and duplicate it but as of now it's not working ... I have to re-select the original (let's say a bush) , instance it, drag it to the position next to previous instance, then again.... and groups not working so it's hard to select trees etc...
2. Z-clip: sometimes checking the "unaffected by Z-clip" isn't working. don't know why.
thanx !
By Mihnea Balta
choo-chee wrote:1. will it possible to duplicate instances without selecting the original again and again? it would be much easier to select an instance and duplicate it but as of now it's not working ... I have to re-select the original (let's say a bush) , instance it, drag it to the position next to previous instance, then again.... and groups not working so it's hard to select trees etc...
Use "Duplicate Special" and make sure "Duplicate input graph" is checked (not "Duplicate input connections", that will copy the original object as well). After you check it the first time, you can simply hit ctrl+shift+d for the subsequent objects.
choo-chee wrote: 2. Z-clip: sometimes checking the "unaffected by Z-clip" isn't working. don't know why.
thanx !
I would need a scene where that happens to be able to debug it. If you can reproduce the problem, please send me a scene at mihnea.balta@gmail.com.
By choo-chee
1. wow I'm gonna try this ! *edit* damn this is cool !
2. it's an interior scene however I've managed to simply "pull" back the wall to be clipped so if it happens again...those scenes are quite big.
thanx again !
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]