By Neil Evans
Hi All

Can some explain how I get a final render to work please? I can't get it to work, all I get is preview renders and if I try and up the size to say 640x480 the image is zoomed rather than getting bigger.

I have read the docs and from what I can work out I run the 'render script' is this correct? When I run this all that happens is that the file is exported, the render box pops up for a second then dissappears.

Any help would be cool.

Also I mentioned this in another thread but when I drop a maxwell camera attribute onto a camera and render a preview it renders a totally different view to what is in the viewport, has anyone else had this problem?

I am using Maya 6.0.1 on windows XP

Cheers

Neil
By iker
Have you probe to resize maxwell's render window?
By iker
And when you run "render script", you export the MXI file to render it from a command line (outside maya).
By Neil Evans
iker

Thanks for the responses.

1. Yes, my problem is when I resize the render from 320x240 to say 640x480. the render size is increased to 640x480 but the image is zoomed rather than staying the same. It is as if the camera angle has changed as well as the resolution.

Can you tell me how you would render a final image at say 800x600 using Maxwell in Maya? I am sure I am doing something wrong but I can't work it out. At the moment all my renders are at 320x340 :(

Cheers

Neil
By iker
I supose you`re rendering from inside maya, and the only way I know to render from inside maya is doing a render preview,so I just change the render preview settings from the maxwell globals window, and it works fine, it doesn´t matter what your camera resolution says, I mean, you can have 320x240 in the camera resolution (maxwell globals-second tab) that it's going to render what it says at the Preview tab (without zoom)

What I meant before was that maybe your losing part of the render because I have notice that the maxwell render window always comes out in the same size, and maybe you're not seeing part of the render, so try to scale the window not resize the render.

(sorry for my bad english)[/quote]
By Neil Evans
iker

Your English if fine :D

Yes, I'm rendering a preview. Changing the render preview setting in Maxwell global window is where my problem is. I have a box in a scene with a standard camera(not Maxwell). If I render the view port at 320x240 it looks fine, change it 640x480 or above in the camera resolution of either camera resolution(maxwell Globals-second tab) or preview tab and it zooms the image.

Will there be a way to render final images through maya in the end or will we always have to go through the command line?

Thanks for the help.

Neil
By iker
I'm doing both ways, command line rendering and from maya maxwell rendering and i can`t see the diference, I think both do the same renderings but you call them in 2 ways, from maya and as standalone program.
And I don't have the trouble of the camera , the first renders I did with resolutions 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 looks like part of the render dissapeared, or as you say, they were just zoomed, but when I resized the maxwell window (maximized by hand) , the whole render was there, in the same camera angle as my viewport and with those resolutions.
Sorry Neil , try to maximize the maxwell render window by pulling from the right-bottom corner, the same way you'd do with an internet explorer window (click and drag). (don`t know how to say it correctly)
By Neil Evans
Hi Nick

Thanks for that I thought I was going mad :shock: I can't wait to get my hands on the new alpha...

Cheers

Neil
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]