Mainly because as an Archicad user with an active SSA (Software Service Agreement) I received a lifetime Twinmotion license.
As an Archicad user I mainly used the following rendering software.
• TheaRender ( they dropped the standalone version, focusing over rhino and sketchup, so I don’t use their software anymore, sadly becouse was a good rendering software still using a rendering engine using CPU+GPU )
( waiting to see their new rendering software) like now it’s completely outdated.
• Maxwell render
( still using for high quality rendering ) but seems like a dead end project right now.
Missing the support to Ada Lovelace Gpus is a big red flag for me.
• Lumion ( costly and not much improvement to justify the price compared to Twinmotion )
But a good solution for who’s looking for drag&drop solution with a nice quality output. Especially for animated presentation if you work in the estate, architecture sector.
• Twinmotion is the safe spot for who’s in love with UE5 but prefer something smarter, easy, quicker and intuitive for a fast paced workflow.
• Big shaders library + fast shaders creation
• drag&drop utility / object / shaders
( but actually missing the possibility to add multiple shaders to faces)
• complete integration within UE5
• pathtracing rendering,
- nice quality result
- Multy gpu support
- AMD gpu supported
- Ada Lovelace supprted
Owned by Epic and deeply linked to UE4 and UE5 engine.
Plus they’ve a constant updated list of recently integration to their software and a clear features roadmap based upon user’s suggestions and needs.
https://portal.productboard.com/epicgam ... sideration
I never used D5