Everything related to Studio
By CDRDA
Everything is working for me on the latest Maxwell Studio version. I often have to re-render parts of images as the SketchUp plugin unfortunately does not have this feature.

Are you on Windows, or Mac? I wonder if that makes a difference...? Are you sure you are selecting the region in the 3D model window so that the selected area is lighter than the rest? Sometimes I have found it can be fussy as to whether the area is actually selected. The selection area doesn't work in the FIRE window, only the 3D model view. Also, it seems that FIRE does not respect the selection area either, so a full render needs to be done.

I didn't test it, but maybe there is also some functionality difference between GPU and CPU renders. You didn't give much info. CPU should work fine.
By Sean eivchelberger
CDRDA wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:19 am
Everything is working for me on the latest Maxwell Studio version. I often have to re-render parts of images as the SketchUp plugin unfortunately does not have this feature.

Are you on Windows, or Mac? I wonder if that makes a difference...? Are you sure you are selecting the region in the 3D model window so that the selected area is lighter than the rest? Sometimes I have found it can be fussy as to whether the area is actually selected. The selection area doesn't work in the FIRE window, only the 3D model view. Also, it seems that FIRE does not respect the selection area either, so a full render needs to be done.

I didn't test it, but maybe there is also some functionality difference between GPU and CPU renders. You didn't give much info. CPU should work fine.
CDRDA, sorry for neglecting details. I'm running Maxwell Studio 5.2 on Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB Ram, RTX3080.
Tried rendering region with GPU and CPU but both renders full frame. Selection window shows lighter area and selection area coordinates(origin, end) are shown in Camera parameters.
Thanks
By CDRDA
You have a loosely similar setup to me- Unlikely you are running out of RAM. If all fails, try sending in a support ticket on the Next Limit portal.

Did you create a new camera within Studio itself? Is the camera you created the selected view in the 3D view, or is Perspective the selected view? Just checking you are actually rendering the camera view!

Have you tried rendering a selection on a new scene, with new camera? I would suggest just add a single cube from the library. That would then rule out any issue with the scene you were trying before.

If that still doesn't work, the last thing I can think of trying is to render the image, at least in part. Stop the render in Maxwell Render and go to the camera tab. There you can change the selection to region/blowup and select the area you want. Then try rendering directly from there. It should ask if you want to resume, or restart the render.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]