Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Matteo Villa
Like you said Keyshot is mainly saved by the enormous quantity of presets.

1) Quality wise, it’s sucks. :mrgreen:
2) Vray and Octane give back a more aesthetic result.

3) keyshot forum probably is full of people who sadly didn’t even bought the software. If you understand what I mean.

I usually pay for what I use/need. Other people think differently.

On the other hand, having a too much silent forum like this isn’t a good way to increase the affinity and love for a software like Maxwell Render.

4) Maxwell Render forum if you noticed isn’t even linked on the official page. Why?

5) Devs after a welcoming presence on the forum returned to be to much silent. That’s don’t help at all.

6) Roombox. I’ve seen it in action on YouTube.
It’s have a loot of potential if Lumion and Twinmotion wasn’t already out.

Take Maxwell Render / Studio, integrate Roombox within it. ( Assets, clean interface, intuitive animation, ) and we have the perfect rendering software.
By choo-chee
I must say that it appears that NL is trying to get attention back to MR and to give some attention to it's customers.
It's very hard after the fiasco with version 4.
I - at least - hope to remain a client for many years to come.
I also think that if the company wants to have it's market share back, the way is to put money into marketing and sales.
More content or speed (I hope I won't regret typing that...) can come next.
First, be everywhere, make some noise, be present... have crazy sales, crazy offers...
I bought MR like 16-17 years ago I think, never stopped using it laughing at the ease it gives me great results.
:D
By Matteo Villa
choo-chee wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 pm
I must say that it appears that NL is trying to get attention back to MR and to give some attention to it's customers.
It's very hard after the fiasco with version 4.
I - at least - hope to remain a client for many years to come.
I also think that if the company wants to have it's market share back, the way is to put money into marketing and sales.
More content or speed (I hope I won't regret typing that...) can come next.
First, be everywhere, make some noise, be present... have crazy sales, crazy offers...
I bought MR like 16-17 years ago I think, never stopped using it laughing at the ease it gives me great results.
:D
Still using Maxwell Render since V2. Never left this software.
But bought back other Rendering Software for different needs.

Working only with Maxwell Render is a Dream. But actually impossible to achieve.

I completelly agree with your point. Investing in Marketing is important for any Busines.

But Maxwell Render Team have to resolve all the problems left from the V4 disaster. They-ve a huge gap with competitors.

They must act fast. And Roombox, seen as an experiment to integrate inside Maxwell could be a starting point.

I love Maxwell Render, i grow up my business thanks to this software. Hope this software will last for years to come.

Devs started V5 on the right spot, listening to loyal Customers, bringing back what's planned for V4, making it better.

Now they've to keep doing that.
Listening and cooperate with their core/loyal customers.

After all we are their best sponsors on the market.
By Andreas Hopf
"Investing in Marketing is important for any Busines."

That's the theory, lol.

Why the huge industrial/product/packaging/transportation market is not tapped is bewildering. It is almost like not wanting that sector's revenue.
By Nasok
You guys are truly something :))

First of all, if you really think that Maxwell needs saving - you couldn't be more wrong. Maxwell, as a software, is still state of the art. Many, many other render engines, that are considered "top industry standard" are lacking "essential" features, that Maxwell had for years - or just barely starting to implement them.

In fact - Maxwell is the ultimate inspiration when it comes to innovation in rendering and user's experience - many, if not all, developers (of other render engines) are looking at what Maxwell is doing.

Speed - oh boy - it might be hard to understand, but for what Maxwell is doing - it is damn fast. Yes. F@CKING FAST. Maxwell is a heavy-lifting beast. If you increase (samples, bounces, quality settings, etc) in other render engines - to barely try to match to Maxwell quality - you'll see how Maxwell kicks asses left and right.

Quality - there might be times when you don't need Maxwell quality. Or your clients can't appreciate it - so naturally cost / time comes into game - in those cases - just go and use other engines that you're comfortable with to get your half baked results. It is NORMAL - to have different tools for different needs. And come back to Maxwell when you need its iconic quality.

Lumion and other arch-type nonsense - Now, If you think that Maxwell is suppose to compete with Lumion and other architecture specific software - you're delusional. And most likely using Maxwell in a wrong way. Maxwell is unbiased light simulator. Architecture ? Yes! Automotive ? Sure. Key visuals ? Absolutely! And Maxwell have truly cutting edge material editor system - that none ... NONE other render engines even closely matched. It is the most intuitive, powerful and physically accurate material creation tool of all that are publicly available. And if you think otherwise - you just don't understand it.

Materials, presets, library - oh boy. Can't believe anyone these days is still talking about it. Beside the fact that Maxwell spoils you with one of the best material creation tools out there, it also has a library of more than 5k materials - available to you. And physically based high quality presets (via Material assistant). And sample scenes, and sample objects. And yes you can easily create your own libraries of materials, objects, scenes, etc - and make a dedicated tab for that right in the studio. Beside the fact that there is practically unlimited amount of all kinds of textures available to you online - there is now also SBSAR support. In one click.

Price, licensing, etc - Maxwell is one of the cheapest engines on the market. It is shameful to complain. It is not subscription based. And folks from NextLimit are always quite supportive, flexible and understandable on licensing matter - beside some crazy sales from time to time. So for once - please stop complaining about it.

Marketing, Tutorials, Community - well .. community is literally you. You ARE the community - maybe the forum and YouTube channel would have more content if you guys would not just take but also give. Just saying. I agree that marketing and open forum are the future - but here's a perspective for ya - they look at you, how you rant here and there - and think "why would I do anything for them, when they don't appreciate our effort ? They clearly see that people are not interested in giving something in return.
It should be us - who supports them. So they could do better things for us. One can't go without the other. It might be hard to understand, but we need them not less then they need us.
So instead of crying - "ooh they promised this and that" - why don't you just wander why it wasn't delivered and what can you do to support them ?
It is silly to assume that Maxwell team promised something and haven't delivered because they were too busy having Margaritas all day long.
Why don't you ask how you can help? Maybe you can help with beta testing ? Or with fine-tuning the presets ? or with creation of a starter assets ?

Oh, and one more thing ... those of you who are afraid of nodes spaghetti - I've got a bad news for ya. Literally, the only way to make render engine to process code faster and more efficient is to make it based on a node system. So every time you ask to make it faster but without nodes - you sound like a kid in a store who wants same candy to be bigger in size and cheaper in price.

I love Maxwell, and I love you, wonderful people, who uses Maxwell and creates wonderful things, but for f@ck's sake stop complaining and take a moment to actually appreciate what you have in your hands. What Maxwell team does (not the biggest team in the world, but surely one of the toughest ones). I was introduced to Maxwell in 2012 and was totally blown away. Even today - it feels like cheating when I'm using Maxwell - it is too easy. It is unfairly easy to achieve amazing render quality in this piece of software. And if you don't feel the same - please - ask - me, personally, (and developers themselves) are always happy to help you to understand how can you master this wonderful piece of software.

And lastly, if you're having difficulties with your workflow / project (there is a high chance that you're simply using this software in a wrong way or there is another software that can do that faster) instead of complaining - post your situation here and together we can find a solution. I don't think moderators will ban anyone for mentioning tools that can help you guys to be better at what you do.

After all - Maxwell, being the great tool is not the ultimate answer to all things and to the meaning of life itself ... we all know the right answer is "42"

Cheers!
By Brian Buxton
Normally content or bundled assets are added as bloatware to distract from the lack of real development.
All the RAL materials on the material site is not a feature it is bloat, that makes the repository harder and slower to use. A feature would be to have those colours available to the colour picker within the Material Editor or better yet the ability to import Adobe ASE swatch files. The Substance Source library is shit for the same reason the same patterns copied and pasted for no other reason than to bloat the library to make it look bigger than it is. Maxwell devs do need to fix underlying problems in the renderer, deliver better performance or more flexibility to allow users to speed things up when quality compromises have to be made. Returning to licensing Studio with all the plugins would be useful too. A common reason why a third-party renderer may be chosen is to unify output from different 3D applications. Octane is a good choice because only one library of materials is required across numerous 3D applications. VRay offers a collection and a single Keyshot license is valid for numerous 3D and CAD applications.
By maximilien
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
nasok y'r right
By Matteo Villa
I was going to respond to Nasok in details but I think is a nonsense try to explain something to someone who think something is perfect as is.

If I’ve time I’ll try to explain point by point why many of your assumptions are totally false.

But there is one that under a commercial point of view completely destroy all you argument.

We payed for 4.0 based upon a specific roadmap.

We received back less then 20% of the promised roadmap.
Devs disappeared, developments stopped.
Half of the old team left Maxwell Render to create a new rendering software suite ( Bella Render you know man? )

We payed for 5.0 giving to the remnant of the old development team another chance to finish what was planned for V4.

Under my point of view, commercial wise we are far from perfection.

I’m still here as a payment customers just for a sort of love toward the Team behind Maxwell and because is still trust the potential of this project.

If the message here is, “ pay the money, Maxwell is perfect as is” maybe it’s time for me to move to another rendering software,
Where Devs listen users suggestion and don’t blame you saying “maybe this software don’t fit your need”.

Octane and Vray are there for that after all.
By choo-chee
well many opinions ... I think many clients are simply frustrated over V4 failure to bring GPU rendering (which up till now is still not finished).
I still find Maxwell the best and just buy a faster CPU every few years ;) for what it's worth (still main rendering is done at nights and weekends).
I really hoped to see the promise of "X25 times faster" happen but from what I've tested it's about the same speed, a bit faster maybe, that's not enough to get clients
pay for something they already thought is there. sort of, "we were sure to get a complete product but NL still didn't deliver, give us something back as a compensation...a tree, a car, something..."
By Matteo Villa
You said the truth Choo-Chee

I even defended and supported this project on other forums ( Rhino, archicad) where there are delusional ex customers who don’t trust anymore Maxwell Render.

If I don’t finish a project for a customer, and request another payment for the same project, I would close in a week.

I use Maxwell Render for work, not for fun.
By Tea_Bag
Nasok wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:13 pm
You guys are truly something :))

First of all, if you really think that Maxwell needs saving - you couldn't be more wrong. Maxwell, as a software, is still state of the art. Many, many other render engines, that are considered "top industry standard" are lacking "essential" features, that Maxwell had for years - or just barely starting to implement them.

In fact - Maxwell is the ultimate inspiration when it comes to innovation in rendering and user's experience - many, if not all, developers (of other render engines) are looking at what Maxwell is doing.

Speed - oh boy - it might be hard to understand, but for what Maxwell is doing - it is damn fast. Yes. F@CKING FAST. Maxwell is a heavy-lifting beast. If you increase (samples, bounces, quality settings, etc) in other render engines - to barely try to match to Maxwell quality - you'll see how Maxwell kicks asses left and right.

Quality - there might be times when you don't need Maxwell quality. Or your clients can't appreciate it - so naturally cost / time comes into game - in those cases - just go and use other engines that you're comfortable with to get your half baked results. It is NORMAL - to have different tools for different needs. And come back to Maxwell when you need its iconic quality.

Lumion and other arch-type nonsense - Now, If you think that Maxwell is suppose to compete with Lumion and other architecture specific software - you're delusional. And most likely using Maxwell in a wrong way. Maxwell is unbiased light simulator. Architecture ? Yes! Automotive ? Sure. Key visuals ? Absolutely! And Maxwell have truly cutting edge material editor system - that none ... NONE other render engines even closely matched. It is the most intuitive, powerful and physically accurate material creation tool of all that are publicly available. And if you think otherwise - you just don't understand it.

Materials, presets, library - oh boy. Can't believe anyone these days is still talking about it. Beside the fact that Maxwell spoils you with one of the best material creation tools out there, it also has a library of more than 5k materials - available to you. And physically based high quality presets (via Material assistant). And sample scenes, and sample objects. And yes you can easily create your own libraries of materials, objects, scenes, etc - and make a dedicated tab for that right in the studio. Beside the fact that there is practically unlimited amount of all kinds of textures available to you online - there is now also SBSAR support. In one click.

Price, licensing, etc - Maxwell is one of the cheapest engines on the market. It is shameful to complain. It is not subscription based. And folks from NextLimit are always quite supportive, flexible and understandable on licensing matter - beside some crazy sales from time to time. So for once - please stop complaining about it.

Marketing, Tutorials, Community - well .. community is literally you. You ARE the community - maybe the forum and YouTube channel would have more content if you guys would not just take but also give. Just saying. I agree that marketing and open forum are the future - but here's a perspective for ya - they look at you, how you rant here and there - and think "why would I do anything for them, when they don't appreciate our effort ? They clearly see that people are not interested in giving something in return.
It should be us - who supports them. So they could do better things for us. One can't go without the other. It might be hard to understand, but we need them not less then they need us.
So instead of crying - "ooh they promised this and that" - why don't you just wander why it wasn't delivered and what can you do to support them ?
It is silly to assume that Maxwell team promised something and haven't delivered because they were too busy having Margaritas all day long.
Why don't you ask how you can help? Maybe you can help with beta testing ? Or with fine-tuning the presets ? or with creation of a starter assets ?

Oh, and one more thing ... those of you who are afraid of nodes spaghetti - I've got a bad news for ya. Literally, the only way to make render engine to process code faster and more efficient is to make it based on a node system. So every time you ask to make it faster but without nodes - you sound like a kid in a store who wants same candy to be bigger in size and cheaper in price.

I love Maxwell, and I love you, wonderful people, who uses Maxwell and creates wonderful things, but for f@ck's sake stop complaining and take a moment to actually appreciate what you have in your hands. What Maxwell team does (not the biggest team in the world, but surely one of the toughest ones). I was introduced to Maxwell in 2012 and was totally blown away. Even today - it feels like cheating when I'm using Maxwell - it is too easy. It is unfairly easy to achieve amazing render quality in this piece of software. And if you don't feel the same - please - ask - me, personally, (and developers themselves) are always happy to help you to understand how can you master this wonderful piece of software.

And lastly, if you're having difficulties with your workflow / project (there is a high chance that you're simply using this software in a wrong way or there is another software that can do that faster) instead of complaining - post your situation here and together we can find a solution. I don't think moderators will ban anyone for mentioning tools that can help you guys to be better at what you do.

After all - Maxwell, being the great tool is not the ultimate answer to all things and to the meaning of life itself ... we all know the right answer is "42"

Cheers!
Respect! :D
By Andreas Hopf
Matteo Villa wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:10 pm
If the message here is, “ pay the money, Maxwell is perfect as is” maybe it’s time for me to move to another rendering software,
Where Devs listen users suggestion and don’t blame you saying “maybe this software don’t fit your need”.
Touché.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]