Everything related to Studio
SSS takes longest with most noise. This is where Topaz DeNoise AI shines again. SSS is more lively compared to SSS single sided, but SSS single sided is faster. For inflateables made from white translucent PVC that is smoother on the outside than on the inside, it seems best to render SSS but maybe only for 3:00 or to SL 16 and then apply Topaz DeNoise AI rather than rendering SSS single sided 2:30 and then applying Topaz DeNoise also. Half an hour saved for HD resolution is not really worth the SSS single sided lack of liveliness.

It seems that for any renderer (what do experts say?) translucent PVC is the most difficult material in terms of time investment.

HD resolution, emitters, SSS, i7-9750H, SL 17 03:58

HD resolution, emitters, SSS, i7-9750H, SL 17 03:58, Topaz DeNoise

HD resolution, emitters, SSS single sided, i7-9750H, SL 16.5 02:42

HD resolution, emitters, SSS single sided, i7-9750H, SL 16.5 02:42, Topaz DeNoise
Most difficult seem to be partially transparent curtains, even with high-resolution Arroway textile textures and a large softbox inside the room (two walls hidden to let rays escape). Curtains bounce much light back towards the window and surrounding wall, resulting in a whiteout spot. Even with much R2 they look a bit greyed, dusty.

1280 x 1280 resolution, sky dome, sun, interior emitter, i7-9750H, SL 15 03:07
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]