Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Mike Amos 20200501214323
OK, when I give a colour/group a property of an hdri, it scales so there are multiple images on the group when I render. Not sure why. Any tips?
By Forum Moderator
Hello Mike,

I'm not sure what you are doing with the HDRI. Could you, please, describe the situation with more detail? A screenshot would help to understand the issue.

Best,
Fernando
By Mike Amos 20200605091500
G'day,

I placed a rectangular face outside a window with a flat colour and assigned it a hdri in the emitter range.
By Forum Moderator
Hi Mike,

That has to do with the default mapping of that object.
If you are trying to map the image 1:1 on the plane without any tiling and fitting exactly to the plane, I'd suggest using the HDRI Light from the toolbar:

SU HDRI Light .png

In this case, it will fit exactly to the plane (Option A in the image below).
On the other hand, if you want to edit the mapping, you will have to save a copy of the hdri image in a format that SketchUp can read (like jpg or png); this way, you can apply it to the SketchUp material so you can see it in the viewport (Option B in the image below), as SketchUp cannot view HDRI images in the viewport; then right-click on the plane, locate Texture entry > Position

SU HDRI Light mapping options .png

You will get to the texture positioning tool from SketchUp:

SketchUp texture positioning.png

Cheers!
Fernando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]