Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
Hi,

I've been using Maxwell for years, but was never very good at material creation, usually adapting pre-existing materials from the library to suit my needs.
However I've come to an impasse trying to create a roughcast lime render material, which has a kind of oatmeal kind of texture. Reference below:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/spec ... 0de3e6.jpg

Would prefer it to have displacement. Any help on how to create this would be welcome!

Many thanks

B
Whoops! I made an error in the material I just attached to the previous post.

There is a 564x564 normal map within the textures directory of that material that looks like your "roughcast." In my hurry, I put this in the bump map slot, as a normal, with 300% value. Instead, for displacement, you need to add a displacement option to your layer (or a second layer), and load that bump map into the displacement setting. Just ignore the diffuse color setting I use, and use your own. Apologies - I am in a hurry to complete another assignment.
Forester wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:49 pm
Whoops! I made an error in the material I just attached to the previous post.

There is a 564x564 normal map within the textures directory of that material that looks like your "roughcast." In my hurry, I put this in the bump map slot, as a normal, with 300% value. Instead, for displacement, you need to add a displacement option to your layer (or a second layer), and load that bump map into the displacement setting. Just ignore the diffuse color setting I use, and use your own. Apologies - I am in a hurry to complete another assignment.
Thank you Forester! This worked perfectly!

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]