Everything related to the integration for SketchUp.
By George Lentz 20200212154420
I am trying to use proxies for my components for the 1st time, but when I enable Proxies the file export fails. It works OK when proxies are disabled. I am using the "FILE_NAME_proxy" naming convention as I understand it. I even made sure that "proxy" was lower case thinking that had something to do with it. This is true for Fire and Render.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Alberto Cadahia
Hello George Lentz,
thanks for your post. I have tried on SU 2020, and proxies are working correctly for me. Then I saw in your image attached that you have misspelled the name of the proxy. You've missed the '_' character in proxies' name, it should be exactly the same name as the original asset but adding "_proxy" (lowercase) at the end. So in your case the proxy shoud be "Azalea_Pink_proxy".

Hope this was the issue.

Cheers,
Alberto
Thank you. I had been looking at this so long, I just didn't see. I went back and fixed this instance, and indeed it now works. I also had a few other samples of proxies. I have purged them and started over. I think that one bad apple may have spoiled the bunch.
By Forum Moderator
Yes, it looks like when it fails to find one of them, it cannot continue. Maybe we can make it skip that proxy or inform the user about the name of the component that cannot be found.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Best,
Fernando
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]