Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By James Linehan
Hi
Is there an upper limit on how long A render can be? Is there anyway of Bypassing this for experimental purposes
By luis.hijarrubia
50.000 minutes, something like 33 days.
You can do several renders of this time with different CPU id and then merge them. The ultimate limit would be our samples counter, and I don't remember right now it's limit, and I can't calculate either how much time you need to reach that samples limit.
By James Linehan
I.C It would be nice if you could just set a SL number and it will render to that number regardless how much time it would take.
By luis.hijarrubia
James Linehan wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:17 pm
I.C It would be nice if you could just set a SL number and it will render to that number regardless how much time it would take.
I just rechecked. The limit I said was from studio, but on maxwell itself the time limit is 10 million minutes, near 20 years. That may be enough. The SL limit is 50. We can may make public the SL record ever archived, but I think is near 41. It's exponential, so reaching 50 is really far from 41.
By Brany
You can run maxwell with command-line flag "-time:n", where "n" is in minutes. I think there is no limit this way. OK, there is a numeric limit we can handle internaly, but you can set 52,560,000 minutes, that is 100 years of render time limit ;).
By James Linehan
Thanks it is chromatic dispersion that take so long and high SL
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]